Baptism question.....

by lavendar 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Also, before being considered for baptism by the Witnesses, one must first become a "publisher" (evangelizer). The Organized book* has the questions that are asked prior to that:

But there are some aspects of the student's life that two elders will want to discuss with him and you together before you invite him to accompany you in the field service and to share in publicly witnessing to others.

Do the person's expressions show that he believes the Bible is the inspired Word of God? (2 Tim. 3:16) Does he know and believe the basic teachings of the Scriptures so that, when asked questions he will answer in harmony with the Bible and not according to his own ideas or false religious teachings? (2 Tim. 2:15; Matt. 7:21-23) Is he heeding the Bible's command to associate with Jehovah's people in congregation meetings (if he physically and circumstantially can)? (Heb. 10:24, 25; Ps. I22: 1) Does he know what the Bible says about fornication, adultery, polygamy and homosexuality, and is he living in harmony with such teachings? If the person is living with one of the opposite sex, are they properly married? (Matt. 19:9; 1 Cor. 6: 9,1 Tim. 3:2, 12; Heb. 13:4) Does he heed the Bible’s prohibition of drunkenness? (Eph. 5:18; 1 Pet. 4: 3, 4) Does he keep himself clean from the defilement of tobacco, betel nut and other things that contaminate the body? Is he free from nonmedical use of addictive drugs'? (2 Cor. 7: 1) Has he definitely broken off membership in all false religious organizations with which he may have been affiliated, and has he ceased attending their meetings and supporting or sharing in their activities? (2 Cor. 6:14.18- Rev. 18:4) Is he free from all involvement in the political affairs of the world? (John 6:15; 15:19; Jas. 1:27) Does he believe and live in harmony with what the Bible says about the aff airs of the nations at Isaiah 2:4? Does he really want to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses?-Ps. 110:3.

* Full text at http :// www. watchtower. cc /organized.pdf (remove the spaces to access the web site; the board software won't allow a direct link)

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hi, lavendar. I am the non-JW half of a match. How strong-minded is your son? Does he have any firm beliefs of his own? I ask, because sure, the hall puts a lot of pressure on my husband for me to conform, but I am my own woman.

Besides his wife being a JW, what is the big draw for the witnesses for your son? How far away are you (missing Christmas)?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit