Help me with my Last Will and Testament

by Fatfreek 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Help me out, please, with my will. I'm not getting any younger and I'm trying to come up with some statements before I take it to my lawyer.

snip,snip

I bequeath to the following beneficiaries proceeds which shall be extracted from my remaining assets, with a certain stipulation, as follows:

snip (the list of recipients accompanied by various proceeds)

The stipulation is described as follows:
    The above bequeathment shall be postponed for a period of no longer than 60 days from the date of my death. This period of time should allow the beneficiary adequate time to re-examine certain facts as regards the honesty and integrity of the writings of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.
    As a suggestion, I recommend that the potential beneficiary explore some of its earlier writings as compared with some of its modern ones. I will give no further hints except that internet search engines like Google.com can provide valuable assistance.
    If the potential beneficiary decides that he (or she) must view such writings in their original form I suggest that the potential beneficiary travel to the Watchtower headquarters (currently in Brooklyn, NY), and ask to see these early writings despite my suspicion that such a request would be denied.
    I further suggest that original writings can be found at eBay.com, for a price, of course. I further suggest that there are countless volunteers throughout the world who possess some originals and would be more than willing to let you look them if you traveled to their home, of course. Make such a request at the online user community known today as Jehovahs-Witness.com.
    At the end of this 60 day period or before, each of the named beneficiaries, if above the age of 15 years, and if they desire the bequeathment as directed, must submit a written statement, signed and dated, testifying to the fact that he (or she) is not a member of Jehovah’s Witnesses, which group is directed by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society; nor does he (or she) attend any of the meetings of Jehovah’s Witnesses; nor does he (or she) engage in a study, of any kind, with any of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Fats

• nelly136
    nelly136

but how can you make sure that they stick to their side of the bargain?

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

That reminds me of the widow whose rich husband requested that she bury all his money in his casket with him. - - - She did - - - She wrote a check and put it in the casket with him. hehehe

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

but how can you make sure that they stick to their side of the bargain?

I don't know that I can, Nellie. For what it's worth there are 3 on this beneficiary list who are currently baptized JW's. By signing a statement, as described in the above stipulation, they would certainly know they'd be susceptable to a visit by their JC. The signing itself could be very public for I suspect that my executor would be inclined to have a scanned copy available for posting in an online forum such as this one.

If they resort to lying in order to get a few measly dollars, they'll have to take that act to their grave.

Fats

• Scully
    Scully

Why not just bequeath to each of them a personalized copy of Crisis of Conscience instead with the dying wish that you want them to read the book, no strings attached? Put a note inside the book that there are riches within.

If they read the book, they find a valuable document from you tucked somewhere inside.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Good tip, Scully. That is one excellent read. My copy is one of my bookstores first available. I had phoned that fine author (September, 1984) after reading an article in my Houston Chronicle about some governing body member whose book was about to hit the bookstores. Fats

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

As much satisfaction and hope that that would bring...ya' gotta remember, my friend, "You can lead a horse to water, but, ya' can't make him drink."

I like the Crisis of Conscience suggestion and would add something like "Re-examine.org", Silent Lambs, Freeminds, etc. Then, leave 'em all an equal share...that fair-play from the grave should make an impression on them. They already know you could cut them all out.

Anyway, that's what I decided for my kids. Two of them still shun me.

Shock and Awe... "He was an APOSTATE...and yet..."

Rabbit

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Ah Rabbit, you ol' softie, you. Treat meanness with kindness? Kindness to counter the shunning?

You may be right.

Thanks for your thought-through reply.

Fats

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

FF

Though I can certainly relate to the idea of creating a 'period of honest reflection and evalution' regarding the religion of Jw's. After all, who wants loved relatives to continue in the mind-control sectarian lifestyle of this religion? Not I.

But at the risk of sounding out of school here - doesn't this amount to emotional [and financial] blackmail?

In honesty, if an active Jehovah's Witness was to suggest the same thing regarding his potential hiers, that say they had to disown thier Jewish or Methodist religion in order to inherit his/her estate, would that be different in your mind?

I hope they get out - as I hope all Witnesses do - but I don't know that this approach - emotional blackmail by the dead - is something that will either work, or in it's own macabre way is reasonable.

Just my opinion -

Jeff

• steve2
    steve2

The best advice I can give is simply to make everything out to "steve2". I'll personally ensure your every wish is carried out. Heheheheheheheeh.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit