BIG TOE INVALIDATES BAPTISM. :D

by vitty 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

Maybe that means my baptism wasn't valid then. In the photographs, it's obvious that one of my breasts didn't get completely dunked, because that part of the bathing suit is dry. They never required a redunking either.

• mouthy
    mouthy

My daughter ( the one that is still a JW) had to get dunked twice because her big toe stuck out. Some of the Congregation voiced the opinion that she really wasnt ready also... She has been one for MANY MANY years -still dont talk to me....

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Being that the JWs can't think I understand why they didn't think of this but ....

I was just baptised earlier this year at a Baptist church. They submersed me by having me squat in the water and then standing back up again. It was much easier than doing a back bend. I just thought I would add that bit of info in this discussion.

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

So dose that mean that Scully can't get DF, if she(her boob) did not make it all the way under the water???

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I saw someone at an assembly once who was terrified of water and who was getting baptized. It took forever for her to psych herself up to get dunked, and when she did, she became stiff as a board and her knees didn't go under. So they had to dunk her again. I felt so sorry for her!

GGG

• gymbob
    gymbob

I baptized a few people at circuit assemblies back in the late 80's....they always had somebody watching to make sure everything went under. I'd just tell them to keep their feet on the pool floor, bend at the knees and fall back.

It's hard to believe some people would freak-out about a toe (or nipple) not going under....oh wait, these are j-dubs! Not so hard to believe now....

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Isn't it a 'sure thing' that the toes get wet -- as soon as you get in ?

• gabriella
    gabriella

That happened to me. One of my arms wasn't all of the way under when I bent backward and they dunked me under again. I thought it was unusual at the time, because I considered myself dunked the first time.,, I suppose it is so nobody could say that they weren't baptized later. Who knew that they were planning ahead for all of us apostates trying to get annulments. Weird!

• Clam
    Clam

Is this where Little Toe gets his name from? Was his little toe never a JW?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    In the photographs, it's obvious that one of my breasts didn't get completely dunked, because that part of the bathing suit is dry. They never required a redunking either.

Scully has naught boobies!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit