Confessing to the elders...

by tan 17 Replies latest jw friends

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Not I. Anything I may have done wrong was not any of their business. It will be handled by the "powers above" - - - and I do not mean the GB!!

• Schism
    Schism

LOL, thanks Confession. I don't think my JC thought it was very cute though!

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

first time i held back some stuff and was publicly reproved. the second, five years later, i spilled it all every little detail they wanted and some they didn't and that time they df me go figure

• carla
    carla

Why do jw's condemn Catholics for their confession to priests yet jw's do the same with the elders? Only difference is that with a priest he at least is supposed to keep it private.

• Hannah
    Hannah

Are you kidding me? I didn't tell them half the stuff I was doing. No way! There was way too much on the line to lose. I just had to play their game. Cry a whole lot and each a huge serving of putrid humble pie. My elder dad gave me the advice to just act sincerely repentant and everything would be OK. It worked 4 times and then finally I DA'd myself.

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Ok, as embarrassing as it is now... I told everything. I called them up the two different times that I got drunk and ASKED for a judicial committee meeting in order to "keep the congregation clean". ACCKKK! What a sap. They bar-b-qued me ! First time I was privately reproved and the second which was several years later I was firmly chastised (different elders on that meeting) not punished beyond that though. I was sooo embroiled in that society it makes me blush remembering it.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I have a male relative that was recently reproved after getting caught with a married sister. He went into the back room and fessed up to that wrongdoing, leaving out the dozens of other women he's banged over the last few years. He feels that Jehovah has forgiven him for all of the wrongs even though he only confessed to one of them. He felt that if Jehovah wanted them to know about it, it would have come out, hence, his conscience is clean and now he is trying to stay on the straight and narrow. I give it 6 months.

What I really find disturbing is that he genuinely believes that JW's have the truth. How he can justify committing fornication is beyond me.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I wanted out so damned bad, I made $hit up. I'm sure a few of the boysthat were present still have some of my "confessions" in their spank-banks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit