Comments You Will Not Hear at the 12-24-06 WT Study (Keep in God's Love)

by blondie 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Looks like you had plenty to work on with this doozy, Blondie! Man, what a drag to study this one with the fam. I wonder what people would think if they read an article like this, and they didn't know anything about the JWs. They'd be freaked out, I'm sure...

Next week you'll have to supress your gag reflex for your weekly dismantling of the article. It's even worse than this one.

I noticed 3 apostate references, and encouragement to not even tolerate the start of apostate thinking. Looks like we're doing our job, folks! A talk on the TMS 2007 is entitled "How to Identify an Apostate." It seems like this is a rehash of the early 80's apostate scare...?

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    I noticed 3 apostate references, and encouragement to not even tolerate the start of apostate thinking. Looks like we're doing our job, folks! A talk on the TMS 2007 is entitled "How to Identify an Apostate." It seems like this is a rehash of the early 80's apostate scare...?

Can you tell me when that talk is going to be given? Also the source material?

Also can anybody post a scan of the 2007 TMS schedule?

• codeblue
    codeblue

Thanks for this week's review Blondie!

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

Bonnie: My TMS schedule is in a foreign language, but I'll translate the best I can. Week of Feb. 12: Who are the Antichrists? Week of Feb 19.: How to identify an apostate Week of March 5: What should be our attitude towards apostates?

• 5go
    5go

I need to stop reading this before sunday. I almost broke out laughing when the reader read jehovah's clean christian congregation

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Thanks Blondie for all your hard work.

I just came back from the meeting today.

The conductor spent quite a few minutes on the paragraph dealing with apostasy.

Most of the audience have no idea what apostasy is and wouldn't know an apostate if one walked up to them and tapped them on the shoulder.

however, one elder commented that apostasy is not just found on the Internet, but among Jehovah's people and this includes:

Questionning Jehovah's arrangements and what's in the publications

Questionning the appointment of the "faithful and discreet slave" and undermining their authority

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Oh man...at the start of the study, the conductor--who normally wouldn't be doing the WT--said that although negative experiences might be brought to mind, that we should focus on the positive aspects of the lesson!

No wonder attendance was pretty low today.

Edit: WOOOT! Can I have a purple lightsaber please?

• heathen
    heathen

Questionning Jehovah's arrangements and what's in the publications

Questionning the appointment of the "faithful and discreet slave" and undermining their authority

Just really glad not to be a MS in that congregation . just take the blue pill whenever in doubt and stay in the matrix .(I think it was the blue one anyway)

• juni
    juni

Thanks Blondie for your hard work.

Juni

• willyloman
    willyloman

Another comment you will not hear at the 12-24 WT Study is "Merry Christmas," which I heard at least five times before I got to my seat at last night's service at the Episcopal Church. It was nice, as was the pageantry and the holiday music performed by orchestra and choir. At the end, they doused all the lights leaving only candlelight, and we all sang Silent Night together. It struck me that Christians have been singing that song for nearly 200 years and it felt good to carry on the tradition.

Thanks God I wasn't at the KH, my home for nearly 30 Christmas seasons, where people walk on eggshells this time of year, terrified that someone will wish them a Merry Christmas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit