Republican or Democrat or Indie?

by slipnslidemaster 13 Replies latest jw friends

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

For all you American's on the board, are you a Republican or democrat of Independent?

Read http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=12506&site=3 for background.

Seems like quite a few democrats here.

Slipnslidemaster: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

- Ben Franklin

• TR
    TR

Although I don't officially belong to a political party at this time, I tend to view things vote as a republican. Having said that, I don't just vote down the party line.

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• DIM
    DIM

i consider myself a democrat, but after receiving $600 from the new tax plan and seeing how well BUSH has responded to this crisis, i'm not really sure anymore.

• Seeker
    Seeker

Human.

• Julie
    Julie

I disagree with your assessment of more Democrats.

That said, I do not belong to any party. I use to favor Republicans until I learned more about the Way Things Really Are. Horrible. I do harbor a few conservative views but I tend to see the Democrats winning most of the debates I catch on C-Span. I wish more people would keep up with what really goes on instead of relying on rhetoric and hyberpole in the press. A lot of misinformation out there.

Regards--
    Julie

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

YES

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Highly liberal Indie.

Bridgette

• finnrot
    finnrot

I consider myself Republican, even though I believe in a woman's right to choose. For that matter, if you're on welfare abortion should be mandatory. I hear Democrats on T.V. screaming that I don't pay enough taxes, if I paid any more I would have to go on welfare myself.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

FIN,

I too favor a woman's right to choose, that is, up to the point where she is pregnant, then it involves another life...oh, we've had this discussion already. We do NOT need to pay more taxes, but I think the Rebate was a BAD idea, lets pay the debt off before we start to rebate tax money. Seems with the National Emergency there is no Surplus this year.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

If I viewed government as being my parents, I would probably be a Democrat. However, I view government as a minimal necessity. Ergo, I am philosophically a libertarian who happens to vote Republican.

Let me clarify with a few bullet points:

. If women wants to kill their unborn children, it's fine with me.
    Just put more effort into taking care of the ones born. Abortion
    has no place in political debate after almost 30 years of being
    a legal option.

. If drug addicts want to kill themselves with drugs, go right
    ahead, be my guest. But if you rob or harm someone else to
    get your drugs, you should be locked up for a long time.

. The government can spend my tax dollars to help the needy. But
    don't allow people to run a game and become dependent on welfare.
    Squirt out more babies than you can afford and you should get less
    welfare, not more.

I am warm and cuddly aren't I?

Drahcir bin Yarrum

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit