What is going ON?

by Aintthatcute 32 Replies latest jw friends

• You Know
    You Know
    "Why did Jehovah appoint him as a Ministerial servant?" Dosen't this go against all that the WT has taught people about Jehovah, the Bible, and Jehovah's ways?

To go back to your original question, I would refer you to what the apostle Paul counseled elders when considering recommendations of other men. He wrote: "Never lay your hands hastily upon any man; neither be a sharer in the sins of others..." Because Paul specifically cited the dangers of hastily recommending a man who might not be qualified, it shows that the process is not automatic. In other words, the holy spirit is not going to immediately correct the mistakes of those who recommend unqualified candidates, in that the ones who recommend those who have these concealed sins actually share some responsibility. Hence, it is possible for the elders to become sharers in the sins of others. In the specific case you mentioned the elders do come under some reproach in the eyes of the congregation for having recommended such a man for appointment.

We may however be confident that even though the holy spirit may allow such things to go on, it is only a temporary indulgence. As Paul went on in verse 24 to say: "The sins of some men are publicly manifest, leading directly to judgment, but as for other men their sins also become manifest later." The case in your congregation is an example of how a man's sin becomes "manifest later." / You Know

• MrMoe 2
    MrMoe 2

Aintthatcute : please go to this Website - Randy Watters (former Bethel Overseer) provides a wealth of information.

http://freeminds.org/

And remember - Jesus commanded that you test the teachings of man -

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Alan correctly explained how elders are appointed by holy spirit yet are not. This is the question from the Watchtower Jan 15, 2001 page 13 paragraph 10:

"How is it that the holy spirit plays a pivotal role in theocratic appointments?"

From the paragraph you JWs should have highlighted with your dayglow yellow marker or underlined in red:

"First of all, the record that sets out the requirements for spiritual oversight was inspired by the holy spirit."

The paragraph started with "first of all" but no second of third reason is ever mentioned.

Paragraph 12 the question is "Who may be said to be apointed by holy spirit?"

Your underlined Watchtower should say "Those meeting the Scriptural requirements at the time of their appointment as overseers or ministerial servants may thus be said to have been appointed by holy spirit." (Bold mine)

So there you have it. Meet the the requirements of the WTS interpretation of the Bible's requirements which is inspired by the holy spirit and you can say elders are "said to be appointed by holy spirit" The Watchtower doesn't say that they actually are appointed by holy spirit.

Lots or clever wording...it would have gone over the heads of 99.9% of JWs sat at the KH that day.

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• Aintthatcute
    Aintthatcute

Thanks MR MOE 2,

I've bookmarked it.

ATC

• Aintthatcute
    Aintthatcute

Thirdson,

Thank you for the refrence, and your wording was very delightful.

ATC

• lydia
    lydia

Esmeralda has it right -
    its the old school of buisness..
    and its the "who you know and who you blow" theory as to the "Anointing" of the elders and so forth. Makes me sick to think that they really drill the "flock" with this idea of anointing! The elders I knew were the biggest set of self-righteous bigots I've had the misfortune to know! My ex-husbands mistresses uncle and cousins (both elders there) were the 2 who came to tell me of the decision to disfellowship him - and they even had the odasity to imply I was to blame for the situation!! If that is what being "anonted" does to compassiion adn feelings- leave me out of it!!

keep up the questions!!

• Aintthatcute
    Aintthatcute

You Know,

HI,

Thank you for your post.

You stated in part: "I would refer you to what the apostle Paul counseled elders when considering recommendations of other men. He wrote: "Never lay your hands hastily upon any man; neither be a sharer in the sins of others..." Because Paul specifically cited the dangers of hastily recommending a man who might not be qualified, it shows that the process is not automatic."

This is very true, but wasn't Paul's counsel relevent to "Newbies"? You know, ones who havn't proved themselves. This guy had been associated with JW for close to 20 years. And he was well known in the Circuit.

Let me just say that this is not about him as an individual, but about the circumstances.

I don't know. What do you think?

ATC

• Tallyman
    Tallyman
    When they say that the GB all the way down, Elders, and Ministerial servents are "Appointed" by Jehovah,

Hey ATC,

I just gots one question to ask:

"HOW-THE-HELL-COULD-jEHOVAH-OF-THE-WATCHTOWER-AND-THE-KULT'S-SCHMOLY-SCHPIRIT-BE-SO-DAMNED-STOOOOOPID-TO-APPOINT-MOI-AN-ELDER???

Yes, I was an Elder, who was Appointed-By-Schmoly-Schpirit and soldiered in the Kult Kapacity for nigh onto a DECADE, shortly after serving a Full Four Year Tour of Duty, up at the New York Kult Kompound near Wallkill.

HOW could I slip through the Kult Kracks?

Why did I pass Muster?

How could the Kult's Klose Schrutiny - by and of the Schmoly Spirit -
    NOT see me coming? That I would engage in Activities DURING my Eldership that would allow me to become a WatchtowerApostate and KultKrimeFighter on the Internet.

I mean, when I was Appointed ELDER,
    I was a Fully-Certified, 100% Grade A, Theokrat-Government-Approved, Schmoly-Schpirit-Schanctioned ELDER!

All taking place under the Watchtowerful Eyes of jEHOVAH.

So, since Robert "Booby" "You Know" King is in the thread,
    I will ask him:

"How did I, Tom Talley, get Appointed An Elder?"

• AvailableLight
    AvailableLight

AlanF,

Thanks for sharing that experience. Always enjoy your dead-on insights and experiences.

A/L

• AvailableLight
    AvailableLight

AlanF,

Thanks for sharing that experience. Always enjoy your dead-on insights and experiences.

A/L

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit