lost

by depressed 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

I hear ya.

You mentioned wanting to do something "spiritual" to take your mind off things.

Ever considered volunteering?

"Be the change you wish to see in the world" - Ghandi

• Maverick2899
    Maverick2899

Yours is probably the 3rd or 4th topic I have read through today. I just joined the site today basically because of the same feelings you are having. I was divorced 6 years ago. My own parents, my dad is an elder and PO, have shunned me since. They have taken my exwife on vacations with them and still have dinner with her on a regular basis. Before I got divorced I was in the hospital for 2 weeks for trying to kill myself because of what everyone called depression. Those 2 weeks gave me the time I needed to reflect. True friends and family that call themselves Christians don't turn their backs on you when you need the most help.

I have not gone to a meeting and am officially disassociated now. I now have no problems with depression or suicidal thoughts now that I don't have to deal with my exwife or the congregation. Interesting considering they were supposed to be a support in times of trouble.

To most people here I am glad I found this site good to know I am not the only one out there...

Matt

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome, Maverick, to the forum!!!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

It can be said that depression is anger turned inward.

Or, depression is a sign that there's some unfinished business you are ignoring.

Maverick, congratulations for recognizing the cads for who they were, and moving on.

Truth is, loved ones don't have to go along with our program. They don't have to be ethical or kind. People do all sorts of foolishness all the time, and with some people you just have to let them wallow in it.

The only question remains is, will you wallow in their misery with them, or walk away?

• codeblue
    codeblue

(((Depressed)))

You are not alone in how you feel. I have faded for 3 years and still feel "lost".

I wanted to serve Jehovah in a pure way but when I found out the WTBS hides and protects pedophiles I could no longer in good conscience go in the door to door, they became like the Catholics they always spoke badly about on the platform.

I now do not trust any religion and feel: "religion is a racket and a snare". Spiritual abuse is ABUSE!

I am currently reading for the 2nd time: "The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse"....I highly recommend you read it as well.

This might be a good time in your life to seek a qualified counselor that knows about spiritual abuse.

I am so sorry your x and his family are slandering you. How unloving and unchristian. Maybe it is time for you to relocate away from all of them and get a fresh start on your life? Is that possible?

Contrary to the active JW who posted on your thread and spoke badly of ALL people that post here, there are many that love Jehovah and are battered and bruised and didn't get the love they needed at the KH where they SHOULD have gotten the love they needed. We are "spiritually abused"....

Codeblue

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome Maverick2899

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Ps . Please realize most opinions in here are Apostate opinions of people who didnt recover , or worse ....fornicators , adulterers , themselves ( 1 Cor 6 :9, 10 ) And It would a shame to mix with them either in there ideas or pursuites , for the results would be as negative as their ideas

Agent 7

Nothing gets me angrier that an self-righteous ipocrite. I am sorry to say that is what you are.

Most here are not fornicators or adulterers and are not a negative influence.

This place as been a sanctuary for a lot of people. The knowledge and experience of some here is staggering.

If you put aside you self-righteous pomp, you might learn a thing or two yourself.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Hi Depressed,

Remember this: there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. This will pass for you and at some point you will regain a measure of happiness.

Give your self some time. If you can afford it, find yourself a good therapist that will be able to help you sort out your feelings.

When it comes to spiritual hunger, many of us have it. I feel spiritually starved myself at times. I find it a great source of comfort when I try to be attuned to God by prayer and meditation and taking a little time to read the gospels.

I wish you all the best and hope that the good wishes you receive from members of this board can comfort you.

regards

wanna

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

lost----- I can so totally relate to everything you have said here. The only thing my ex- didn't do was cheat on me, and you would think the things he did do would be enough to warrant a 'scriptural' release from the nightmare marriage, but.... Like your situation, my ex-husband's family doesn't/ wouldn't believe the stuff he has put me through, anyway, so no justice or [justified!] support there. The only thing I can do is to remind myself [for the times when I think I do still believe in him] that Jehovah knows what has gone on. Justice may not be now, but it will come eventually; it has to. I have to believe that, or the resentment and sorrowful feelings can threaten to swallow me up.

It's okay that you feel a little religiously afloat right now. Jehovah understands human nature and how he made us; he understands wounds and how we need time to heal and regain our bearings. It's imperfect humans who don't want to give us that healing time and leeway. Give yourself as much time and permission as you need to sort out your thoughts, feelings, and priorities throughout this understandably confusing time. You deserve it, and are absolutely entitled. Much love to you!

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

((((((((depressed))))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit