HELP.Can a Jehovahs Witness accept anything to do with Christmas

by polka.dot 19 Replies latest jw friends

• polka.dot
    polka.dot

Like a card, even if the card says happy holidays and doesnt mention christmas at all?

• blondie
    blondie

Actually JWs can accept a card and/or a gift from someone. They just can't give a card or gift. (Christmas that is)

Blondie

• carla
    carla

I think there is a wt that says they should accept a gift or card graciously but let the giver know what a pagan s.o.b he really is. Ok, the last part I made up but you know the jw line about a chance to witness blah, blah, blah....

• kls
    kls
    I think there is a wt that says they should accept a gift or card graciously but let the giver know what a pagan s.o.b he really is. Ok, the last part I made up but you know the jw line about a chance to witness blah, blah, blah....

You go Carla !!!

• polka.dot
    polka.dot

like what about a candy cane?

• vomit
    vomit

Just tell them its a "Sweet Red and White Walking Stick" then it will be fine.

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

They would probably say no thank you to candy cane.

• carla
    carla

The candy cane would probably be ok AFTER Christmas! The magic goes out of all Christmas related items for jw's after the 25th.

• polka.dot
    polka.dot

THANKYOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP EVERYONE!

• Clam
    Clam
    Can a Jehovahs Witness accept anything to do with Christmas?

Yes they can accept Christmas bonuses from their employers.

The Watchtower magazine to my knowledge does not address this issue. I think they should eliminate this particular "crisis of conscience" by suggesting that the Witness in receipt of Pagan derived cash should donate the money to the Watchtower Society. It's only fair.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit