WT LIES in the bible teach book

by Zico 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• vitty
    vitty

Zico

Thankyou for this, I have book marked it so I can bring it up with daughter ....................at an opportune time.

• mavie
    mavie

They leave out all the unwritten rules, such as no beards for brothers and no privileges, restrictions on newly reinstated dubs and other stuff.

Guess what I did when I left...

Yes, and I like it!

• vitty
    vitty

Thankyou for this, I have book marked it so I can bring it up with daughter ....................at an opportune time.

Dont I still sound a little itsy, bitsy .............................like a JW

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

A mind-control cult uses deceitful recruitment tactics and coercive measures to retain.

Don't tell they everything about the Governing Body and what their baptism means.
    Don't tell them all the plethera of rules that they must obey until they join.
    Inform them after joining that their friends and family will never speak to them if they quit.

• V
    V

Bait and switch.

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

This book was given to us recently to study. We are Christians and yes, the book could definitely be said to be a bait and switch tool. We actually agreed with a number of chapters because they were so broad based. Can anyone tell me where the Knowledge book fits in with this? Is the teach book a dumbed down version?

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

Even if I found out the teachings of the Wt were somehow true, I could NEVER, NEVER go back to that organization that has done so much lying and deceiving. They are so very hypocritical! I can't believe I didn't see through this 40 years ago. I'm so thankful to people like Barb and Joe Anderson, Richard Rawe, Ray Franz and so many others, who didn't need the internet to see the falsehood of this organization.

Peep

• Sacchiel
    Sacchiel

I knew I wasn't the only one who read with disbelief they weren't dedicating themselves to an organization. That's precisely what their baptism as JWs is all about, as pointed out.

This false prophet will be no more.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid"-Jesus

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21
    Page 183, Ch. 18 para 24 'Remember, too, that you have made a dedication to Jehovah God himself, not to a work, a cause, other humans, or an organization'

LIES. What is that second baptism question that they so conveniently left out? "Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses IN ASSOCIATION WITH GOD'S SPIRIT DIRECTED ORGANISATION?" It's clear, a Jehovah's Witness baptism doesn't just mean a dedication to Jehovah, it also means you register yourself as a member of an organisation, and as we all know, having doubt that this Organisation teaches the Truth is like doubting Jehovah himself in the mind of a JW. (I could even argue that they do dedicate themselves to a work, a cause and other humans, but I won't)

What you say i your "analysis" is correct. I would only point out that the statement itself that you cite from page 183 is NOT a "lie." There is a difference between "dedication" (in the sense meant by baptism itself and the first baptismal question) and the acknowledgment that the person is identifying themselves as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in associaiton with blah, blah, blah"

JWs dedicate their lives to God (they believe) and no one else, not even the Organization. To the Organization, they only enter into a kind of Voluntary Servitude (which is of course wrong) and that is not the same as "dedication" in the sense meant by the Society in the statement.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    (they believe) and no one else, not even the Organization.

Yeah, the average jw believes the dedication is to god, but the literature shows that it isn't god they have to please so the gb are showing by their actions that they are usurping the dedication.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit