London Braces for Attack; 'Miracle' If There Isn't One

by Bryan 14 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The worst that will happen is,the terrorists will drink all your dark beer and eat all your fish and chips...The bastards are after my dam penguins!...OUTLAW

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Many people forget that Britain has been under siege from terrorist attack for decades, due to the Ireland dispute. We've had car bombs and mortar attacks in our major cities, and have caried on with life. Prior to that London was Blitzed in World War Two, and folks dusted themselves off and got on with things. A couple of lousy planes are sent down in the continent of North America and suddenly everyone in Britain needs to tremble in their seats? No thanks. When our number is up, it's up! Meanwhile it's business as usual.

Incidentally my comments mean no disrespect to the families of those lost in 9/11 as my previous posts will show. They are just meant to highlight the irrationality of the thread's basic premise.

• nelly136
    nelly136

a few threats of a bit of terrorism is not going to stop the crimbo shoppers from hell getting their last minute bargains over here

no one stopped shopping for the IRA, they bombed harrods/wimpy etc and that was only a temporary set back, biznezz as usual was soon restored.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Well, so much for the scary "inevitable" Christmas bombing.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Which holiday?

Valentine's day?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit