London Braces for Attack; 'Miracle' If There Isn't One

by Bryan 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Bryan
    Bryan

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/12/london_braces_f.html

"British intelligence and law enforcement officials have passed on a grim assessment to their U.S. counterparts, "It will be a miracle if there isn't a terror attack over the holidays in London," a senior American law enforcement official tells ABCNews.com."

Sounds pretty serious. Take care you guys.

Bryan

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Why would there be? Yes, I know intelligence says so, but why?

I worry about all of you, as well as my boss and her boyfriend who are going back home this week.

• james_woods
    james_woods

The news spot that I read this morning blames this on the recent rant by Al Queida #2, and also said that attacks on France are just as likely, based on the bearded weird's rhetoric.

France! - after they have taken a pretty concialiatory tack with these terrorists for years now.

He also warned both Democrats and Republicans to get out of Iraq, and advised the Hezbolla that only armed Jihad, not Democracy, is the proper way to middle east peace.

The report also said that most Palestinians in general, (although obviously anti Israel - and anti US,) don't have much use for the Al Queida.

• Clam
    Clam
    Why would there be?

At this time of year because everywhere is so crowded with shoppers I suppose. Maybe also becaise it's a Christian festival?

At the moment though we're dominated by a huge spread of ice fog which is rendering a lot of air travel impossible, and car travel tough. It's expected to last. I wouldn't want to speak for my fellow Brits but we're pretty tenacious about terror threats. It was the IRA, now it's Al Qaeda. Not much you can do about it really, unless you become a prisoner in your own home.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Thanks for the concern but . . we don't scare easy!

• kls
    kls
    we don't scare easy!

Thats how ever one should live . Be aware or your surroundings but don't live in fear.

• Bryan
    Bryan
    The report also said that most Palestinians in general, (although obviously anti Israel - and anti US,) don't have much use for the Al Queida.

I hope this is the case. These guys are just plain nuts.

Bryan

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

At this time of year because everywhere is so crowded with shoppers I suppose. Maybe also becaise it's a Christian festival?

9/11 and 7/7 didn't coincide with any Christian festivals, nor did the Bali bombing. That doesn't seem to be part of the Modus Operandi of these guys.

• south african beef
    south african beef

I go into London on business 2 or 3 times per week - I was in London at the time of the bombings last year. in fact I was within 1/4 of a mile of the bomb in Mile End station.

even though I am aware of the situation and the possibility of future attacks, I still go about my job in the normal way.

To not go into London would be doing what the terrorists want - I and millions of others will work to make sure that London remains a bustling, vibrant democratic city, and the financial center of Europe.

Take care, be aware.

Ian
    SAB

• free2beme
    free2beme

It's just going to be nuke going off in London on Christmas Eve, no big deal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit