I've been invited to go on a habitat for humanity build

by hoser 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

hoser - "I can go on vacation to the same place, swim, snorkel, enjoy some shows, drink until I puke my face off, and it would be overlooked, but if I swing a hammer so a poor person can have a house, I could be in trouble with the congregation..."

Pose that very sentence in question form (with the intro "let me get this straight", and the outro "seriously?") to the next person who advises you not to do it on those grounds...

...and watch the expression on his or her face.

If they say "yes", they'll look like assholes and idiots, and they'll know it (unless they really are idiots)... but... they won't want to say "no" either, because of the typical loyalist's knee-jerk rejection of anything not WT-centric.

The internal conflict will be readily apparent on their face (and hugely satisfying to watch), and if it all goes down in front of a group of people, so much the better.

• hoser
    hoser

Vidiot:

The internal conflict will be readily apparent on their face (and hugely satisfying to watch), and if it all goes down in front of a group of people, so much the better.

I might just do that.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

hoser - "I might just do that."

Good to hear.

It any of 'em are still dumb enough to give you shit about it, ask them how many times in the Bible it says to look after the poor (more than 600, in fact, in the Old and New Testament).

Let us know how it turns out, huh? (both the trip and your verbal defense of it)

• hoser
    hoser
    Food at the proper time. I got my answer from the latest Awake magazine. The May 2015 Awake has all the solutions for helping the homeless and poor. There is no need for me to give my money and time to build a house for them. All they need to do is read from the Awake magazine and study with Jehovahs Witnesses and their housing issues will be solved.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Hoser I am so impressed that you're thinking of doing this. Just think if all those JW quick builds produced homes for people who desperately need them. Good for you.
  • stillin
    stillin

An opportunity may arise soon to join up with a National Geographis expedition to the Middle East. I would simply be an accessory but How often does something like that come up? I would definitely do it and I would love to see the looks on the faces at the KH!

go for it, Hoser!

• bafh
    bafh
    Do it and don't tell anyone. It's none of their business.
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry
    PM sent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit