Have you heard: "Worldly people just live for the holidays"

by Gopher 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gopher
    Gopher

Wow, all I can say is, Happy Dedication Day, OTWO!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

My mom thinks that the only reason people celebrate ANYTHING is to 'get gifts'. The only reason people have big weddings if for the 'gifts'. (Anyone ever break even on even the cheapest wedding with 'gifts'?) She has decided that every gift giving occassion and celebration is purely to fuel and feed greed and selfishness. I don't know why this is a comfort to her.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

To suggest that non JW's only have holidays to look forward to really does reflect thier ignorant & narrowminded way of thinking. It shows a complete lack of understanding about people & life outside of the Org.

OH Dear!

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

I agree with james_ woods. JWs can't stand not being like others.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Have you heard: "Worldly people just live for the holidays"

Towards the end of my borg days, whenever I would hear JW's say something bitter about worldly people, I couldn't help but append it in my mind with thoughts along the lines of, 'Oh, so is that why God is going to kill them?'

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Oh I wouldn't say that. I mean, speaking for myself, I live for lovin baby!!

Oh, and there is also: fun, friends, family (those who aren't, you know, loveless jesufreakos), travel, learning, gardening, diving, snowsports and my newest object of passion, my new motorbike. There are many things I look forward to, all the time. A few days off over xmas is just a good excuse for another midsummer party!!

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom

So what? I mean really!?

So what if someone loves holidays, so what if they love the world. You'd think a person that loved the world would do something to improve it... even make the holiday time more enjoyable for others! Perhaps that's their thing in life! Perhaps that's something they really enjoy, and get great enjoyment in seeing others happy!

Does it really make one lick of difference if ANYBODY, lives for ANY reason for JUST that one single purpose!?

The world would be a better place if Jehovah's Witnesses stopped grumbling about the world, and actually rolled up their sleeves and did something about it. Not neccessarily as an organization, but as individuals. Living their life to have fun, and share that with all that they meet.

Every time I talk to them they just bring me down. Little wonder they no longer introduce themselves at the front door as Jehovahs Witnesses, they know the depressing effect they have on people they meet and seek to avoid such confrontations.

If they are going to introduce themselves at the front door, wouldn't it be better if the householder was looking forward to a visit because of all the nice things they've heard about them on the radio, tv and internet.... or is the opposite occuring?

ok, rant over.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Maybe it's got something to do with window washing and janitor work - cheese and cracker man an' all

People who have education regularly like their jobs very much

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit