Applicants line up to fill jobs left empty by Swift plant raid

by Bryan 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Warlock
    Warlock

Excuse me, but I grew up here, and remember who did this work in the 1960's and 70's.

If anyone wants to bring "race and bigotry" into the picture, I'm hispanic.

Warlock

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

Has anyone verified that these actually were minimum-wage workers? I grew up in construction and didn't know many/any illegals that worked for minimum wage.

Doesn't welfare make you go to a couple of job fairs or submit a couple of applications a week? This would be right up some slacker's alley. Get an interview, an application... off for another week!

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire
    Excuse me, but I grew up here, and remember who did this work in the 1960's and 70's.

Are we STILL IN the 60's and 70's when you could buy a house for $10 to $25 grand? Didn't think so. Anything else change since then? Or do you also want to go back to the 50's when the Black's weren't allowed to vote and had to sit in the back of buses?

If anyone wants to bring "race and bigotry" into the picture, I'm hispanic.

Yeah, that's the worst kind of bigot! The kind that looks down on his/her own people who are trying to make a better life for themselves and puts all the stops in! Why don't you instead look at the plight of your people throughout history and find some way to help and make things better for them? God knows they are working hard to do the job themselves. They don't need the likes of *you* to help them. But just in case you might want to look at the other side ... Remember, you just happened to be born on the right side of the border. Yeah, that's mighty big of ya!

Have you ever read the book "Rain of Gold" by Victor Villasenor? It goes all the way back into the 20's and shows the real life plight of the Latin American people in the last century. It would be an eye opener for you. Unless, of course, you don't look at *apostate* material lest it cause you to doubt.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire
    Get an interview, an application... off for another week!

Sounds like my ex (who is by the way a full blown 3rd generation Mexican-American!) Just trying to keep away from paying child support .

I'm sure plenty will show up to get the aps but how many will

a. be able to read it?

b.be able to fill it out?

c.not have felonies LOL

d.have high school diplomas

e.accept the job if they get it

f. not quit after 1 week of hard work

g. not get fired after stealing hamburger patties

g.not go back to living off welfare, drug dealing, free-loading, pan-handling or stealing which is a lot easier.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Blue,

You don't know what I think.

Warlock

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Warlock,

Ahhh, but your words betray you.

Prove me wrong. Prove that I'm wrong about you. We can become freinds-maybe?

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Blue,

Your right. You don't know Warlock. But I do. And you are way off base here. WAY OFF!! I can't believe you said that. Sounds like what you would hear at a Kingdom Hall. Before you judge someone you really ought to know that person. I don't want to be your friend.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Read into my words what you want.

Warlock

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Awww now I'm gonna cry. Seriously tho I'm commenting in response to Warlocks comments. What else am I supposed to base my opinion on if I don't know the person? He could be a saint for all I know but I disagree with him here in this thread BASED ON what he himself is saying. If I am misunderstanding him he can clarify. After all this IS a discussion board, right? Why bother posting if you're not willing to make yourself clear?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit