CHRISTMAS FOOD SHOP..........???????????

by vitty 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

The 'Food Shop' is my ongoing nightmare all year long!

I have five children and three of them are boys. Thanks goodness the 21 year old doesn't eat as much as he used to but the twins are about to turn 15 and they turned into 'eating machines' a year or so ago. For me, the thought that the shops will be shut for two dies is NOT funny! Unleash the boys and its like a swarm of locusts have descended on the fridge, food cupboards, freezer etc!

So, I had Sainsburys deliver on Tuesday evening! I thought I was doing well, till I looked in the fridge yesterday!!!!

Not only the boys are the problem. I'd left a huge turkey defrosting out on the patio! About ten o'clock last night, my husband reminded me that the trukey had to go in the shed.....just to be sure it was safe........as he dropped to sleep!

I got down stairs, outside into the garden and the bloody great moggy that had moved in next door was sat next to the very large pan, (thankfully covered with a very large lid!!) that I had left the turkey outside in! One look at me and he scarpered and belted over the fence! I rescued Mr Turkey and he is now safely under lock and key in the shed!

Is NO FOOD safe??

Ah well! One more trip to the shops today........and that's it! When it's gone....it's gone!!! They'll have to chew on a table leg or something.

Don't forget, Vitty! It's tomorrow that's Christmas day! You're doing better than me however. I was convinced it was Friday when I woke up this morning.....and still keep thinking it's Friday. The kids have threatened to stick a post it note to my forehead.

Have a lovely christmas!

Scully - I envy you your crackers, cheese and snacks dinner!!!!! The kids want that meal as well however every christmas holiday tea time!

Happpy Christmas everyone on JWD!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit