What would have been your answer?

by Triple A 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    The good they do lies in delivery, not in consumption. That is their understanding of "love thy neighbor as thyself."

Very thought-provoking statement and how true it is!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

That is why I am looking for things that may stick, not so much as when they are talking to me. But later that night, they start ask themselves the question when they are alone.

Triple A

I can honesty state, that from the age of 5, when I began to go in 'service', no comment ever made by any 'worldly householder' gave me enough pause to ruminate the matter at end of day. As Abbandoned stated, this holier-than-thou postition prevents the householder's words from any penetration. It was always a battle of wits. When returning to the car following a provacative call at the house, we always discussed 'How can we overcome that objection?'. Never did we say 'Now that householder had a point, let's think about that.'

The cult made sure we were not too vunerable in the 'field' by convincing us that anything negative was from Satan.

Jeff

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

In my day of arrogance as a witness as Abandoned said, the holier than thou attitude and you know the truth condenscending attitude. I would have stated my viewpoint and walked away with my head held high thinking I was superior as a Witness who had the truth. Today I now realize, I know very little and the only thing that does matter is not doctrine but rather faith in God, in his provision for life which is His Son the Christ, love, humility, modesty, and the thought that God is the ultimate Jugde not me. I also pray that Jehovah and Christ can forgive me for my arrogant attitude, my teaching of others from door to door and from the stage as an elder. I pray that they forgive me for such a Non-Christian attitude and display in my life. I thank them both for allowing me to read the Bible and get a lot of self center ideas flushed my pathetic head and heart. Who am I to think that I have the right way of worshipping God and who is going to get life, I pray for forgiveness of walking around with an attitude like that, that is formulated in your mind with witness teaching.

Phil 2:12 12 Consequently, my beloved ones, in the way that YOU have always obeyed, not during my presence only, but now much more readily during my absence, keep working out YOUR own salvation with fear and trembling

• Triple A
    Triple A

Wow! I know it was hard to reach out to the JW and that is probably why most Christians do not even try anymore. But I do care and will continue to when ever possible. Something happened in your lives that made you see the light, so maybe I will run into someone that is questioning and is ready to listen.

Thank you for your inputs, Most insightful.

Triple A

• unique1
    unique1

I would have said something like Theocratic is a descriptive word for an organization, not a belief, whereas the Trinity is an actual belief, thing, concept. The two cannot be compared.

• Triple A
    Triple A
    I would have said something like Theocratic is a descriptive word for an organization, not a belief, whereas the Trinity is an actual belief, thing, concept. The two cannot be compared.

My response would be along the lines that if you do not believe in the Theocratic Organization than you will not be saved. The Theocratic Organization is governed by Annionted One wihich equals Messiah which equals Christ. So it is a belief and not just descriptive.

• gymbob
    gymbob

The last householder I ever talked to asked me, " Why do you believe what you do?" I said, "because it's in the bible".

So he went on to show me that what I believe is based on whatever the WT says, not the bible. He asked me some good questions that I had a hard time answering, like, are there ANY teachings of the watchtower that you can openly disagree with? (Of course not). If the watchtower taught one way, and then changed, would I change too? (Of course I knew I would, but I didn't have a clue how to respond to that).

This guy was pretty smart, maybe a ex-dub. He also made me commit to a position first (dig myself in a hole!) then he buried me in it. Our discussion was like playing a football team that had a copy of my playbook, he knew just what I was going to say, and he really made me think. like I said....it was the last door I ever knocked on, and one of the reasons I left the borg. GYMBOB

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Triple A

If Jesus is not God, how come the bible tells me to honor him as God?

Joh 5:23

in order that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He that does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.

• Triple A
    Triple A

Deputy Dog,

Was that a question for me or a question that would be good to ask a JW?

Triple A

• sspo
    sspo

But, wanting to prove himself righteous, the man said to Jesus: "Who really is my neighbor?" 30 In reply Jesus said: "A certain man was going down from Jerusalem to Jer´i·cho and fell among robbers, who both stripped him and inflicted blows, and went off, leaving him half-dead. 31 Now, by coincidence, a certain priest was going down over that road, but, when he saw him, he went by on the opposite side. 32 Likewise, a Levite also, when he got down to the place and saw him, went by on the opposite side. 33 But a certain Sa·mar´i·tan traveling the road came upon him and, at seeing him, he was moved with pity. 34 So he approached him and bound up his wounds, pouring oil and wine upon them. Then he mounted him upon his own beast and brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 And the next day he took out two de·nar´i·i, gave them to the innkeeper, and said, ‘Take care of him, and whatever you spend besides this, I will repay you when I come back here.’ 36 Who of these three seems to you to have made himself neighbor to the man that fell among the robbers?" 37 He said: "The one that acted mercifully toward him." Jesus then said to him: "Go your way and be doing the same yourself." Luke 10:29-37

Ask them if they do anything for others besides their own as the good samaritan did with a stranger?

Col 2:16

Therefore let no man judge YOU in eating and drinking or in respect of a festival or of an observance of the new moon or of a sabbath; 17 for those things are a shadow of the things to come, but the reality belongs to the Christ. 18 Let no man deprive YOU of the prize who takes delight in a [mock] humility and a form of worship of the angels, "taking his stand on" the things he has seen, puffed up without proper cause by his fleshly frame of mind, 19 whereas he is not holding fast to the head, to the one from whom all the body, being supplied and harmoniously joined together by means of its joints and ligaments, goes on growing with the growth that God gives.

Why do they make a big deal or even DF someone if they celebrate a birthday or other holidays?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit