I DONATED TO THE SALVATION ARMY!

by under_believer 7 Replies latest jw friends

• under_believer
    under_believer

I'm so bad.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Under Believer, you're going strait to hell, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Good for you!

• badboy
    badboy

I AM GOING TO THEIR XMAS PARTY!

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

The kids and I went and handed out their food hampers and warm mits, hats and scarves. They were overwhelmed with the help from our church (16 of us showed up--not all my children!)

They are also serving Christmas dinner and could use help there. It is a wonderful feeling to get involved in the community in a practical way and reach out!

I'm not earning my way to heaven or to survive Armeggedon. I do good works cuz I was created to do them and I want to do them.

• jaded
    jaded

Doesn't it feel great? This is the first year that I donated to Toys for Tots and dropped a bit in the Salvation Army collection pot. This will be a yearly thing from now on. Just think how much good could be done with all of the money JW's donate to a pipe dream. Not just the money but all the wasted hours in field service could be put to such good use. What a shame. Shame on them and shame on me for having believed that crap for so long.

• under_believer
    under_believer

It DID feel great. It felt great to break a rule. It felt great to feel like I was helping someone out. It felt great to, finally, after over 30 years, not feel guilty when walking by the kettle-keeper. It felt GREAT.

• badboy
    badboy

IT WAS A GREAT PARTY I WENT TO ON XMAS DAY,EVEN GAVE ME LEFTOVERS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit