What's Your Attitude Toward Men & Women----Stereotypical???

by minimus 18 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Are all men and women the same? Do you regard members of the opposite sex "typical"?

• Jourles
    Jourles

Although I was raised as a witness, I still do not view women as lesser than men. It probably has to do with the fact that my mom was the "spiritual head of the household" while I was growing up. My dad didn't get baptized until 1987. Even then, he merely followed my mom's lead on "spiritual matters" because she had more seniority over him in the org.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I have always been a firm believer in equality and this hasnt changed in any respect. However my research and interest in equality law and feminist legal theory has taken me into some differing directions and has led to a change in my views which are far from stereotypical.

DB74

• minimus
    minimus

I was raised by my mom and grandmother. I feel women should be respected and appreciated. But I do think certain stereotypes about males and females are true.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Fortunately, at a young age, I knew I wasn't a "typical" female, so didn't buy into "typical" male stereotype either. I don't view ALL men the same, though there is some common behavior MOST men exhibit. Ditto for women.

I think there is very little that a man can do that a woman couldn't do. Ditto for women/men.

An individual's hormone levels, upbringing, cultural expectations, education, career choice may determine how 'masculine' or 'feminine' s/he acts. What's considered 'stereotypical/masculine/feminine' in this country may not be in another.

I wonder if this thread will start a gender war.

• minimus
    minimus

Serendipiity, you sound like a dumb woman...............ONLY KIDDING!

• Warlock
    Warlock

Am I stereotypical?

To a degree, yes, but I sure don't think a woman is inferior. Both genders have strengths and weaknesses.

By the way, ladies, I ALWAYS PAY.........................ALWAYS.

Warlock

• minimus
    minimus

I always pay too.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I try to view people as individuals, but do see many who seem to try very hard to fit into a particular "gender role", and some who apparantly do so without trying at all. Unfortunately, these people also expect OTHERS to also fit into roles, and this can cause problems if the other person doesn't want to fit into a predetermined role.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Are all men and women the same? Do you regard members of the opposite sex "typical"? STop drinking minimus - this is one of the most stupid questions you have ever asked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit