Kingdom Hall shooting

by Stealth 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Gunman wounds woman MORE
    Columbia Daily Tribune, MO - 1 hour ago
    A man wearing a ski mask fired a handgun into a crowd of about 25 worshippers outside the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses last night, sending a 36-year ...
  • Abandoned
    Abandoned

It's sad and a shame when anyone is threatened, assaulted, or abused. It's too bad that things like this happen anywhere. I feel for all those who are more scared now because of this.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

This shooting happened at my mother's kingdom hall, right after their book study. I'm thankful she was too tired to go to that meeting. I spent the night with my sister, right down the road from the KH. They haven't identified the gunman, yet. He took off on foot. His descriptions is very general. The sister who was wounded, was a pioneer. He husband is one of the M.S. She was shot in the extremities. She was the first one to walk out of the door. I was able to talk mom into staying at home for the next several meetings, and listen to them by phone. The bookstudy next week will be held in private homes. I told mom, if she went to the meetings this week, I'd go with her. Of course, she doesn't want that, so I'm sure she'll stay at home.

If I hear more, I'll let you all know.

shelley

How likely do you think it would be for the elders give up names of known apostates in the area as potential suspsects?

I'm glad I don't own a gun, and was with my sister. Geesh, I only live several miles from the KH!!!! Besides, I couldn't do that!!

• juni
    juni

Thanks Shelley for your information. I was hoping you might know more because you live in that town.

That's really too bad. Years ago we had a woman who was studying who had an unbelieving mate. He was a very angry person and threatened all sorts of things. Fortunately (?) he would only tamper w/her car so it wouldn't start. After a year or so he started beating her up. She eventually stopped her study.

Juni

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

(((((cbb))))), I'm glad your mom is safe. I'm glad too that you are keeping your sense of humor through all this. Take care and know that I'll be thinking good thoughts of you and yours.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

On this evening's news, there are no new leads. The police are asking for the public's help.

I wonder if now would be a good time to let the media here know why people get so upset with the borg, and their reign of terror!!!???

If anyone wants links, let me know.

shelley

Investigating this is Ken Hammond, Columbia Police dept. 573-875-1111

• Justahuman24
    Justahuman24

Maybe it was someone who has been screwed over by the WTS? Or maybe someone from this Forum? LOL j/k It's sad things like that happen. justahuman - but super nonetheless

• heathen
    heathen

yah the dubbys screw people over alot so do make some enemies within their own ranks . Perhaps they souldn't be so publically anti gun , seems like when people think you are packing they leave you the f@#$ alone.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Gunman opens fire on group leaving church
    Columbia Missourian, MO - 4 minutes ago
    ... At 9:05 pm, police responded to a report of a masked man firing shots at a crowd of people leaving the Jehovah’s Witnesses Kingdom Hall, 2207 Holly Ave. ...

The PD crime stopper hotline telephone number is posted at this article if you have vital info to share

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Local newpaper article:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit