MySpace is dying...

by Shaolu 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

Does anyone think that possibly someone connected to the Society wrote what these JWs wrote against MySpace? It would not surprise me at all if these goodbyes were planted.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    One thing I can agree with is that myspace and social networks like it are no place for minors.

Agreed! Our (now) 13-year-old wanted an online account a year or two ago because all of her friends had one -- the site of choice at her school is Xanga or Yahoo360 -- and we said a firm "no," then had her watch an episode of "Dateline" on predator sting operations. I think that impressed her enough that we haven't heard any more about it (and we check our computers often to make sure nothing is going on that we aren't being told about).

Nina

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I've noticed quite a few of the teens from my old hall have deleted their myspace accounts , or have set up private only accounts. A few are still on , but now under alias names . One sister that use to message me often told me the elders would not accept her aux.pioneer application until she deleted her myspace account. She finally gave into them because she wanted to be recommended to a foriegn language hall .

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym
    One sister that use to message me often told me the elders would not accept her aux.pioneer application until she deleted her myspace account. She finally gave into them because she wanted to be recommended to a foriegn language hall .

Wow. Where is this in the Bible? "Thou shalt not have a myspace account." Dubb 145:3

• Justahuman24
    Justahuman24

Well, it is obvious that the main reason they're discouraging the Witnesses from using MySpace or any other "wordly" websites is so they don't read about the mistakes, litigations, etc of the Watchtower Society, disguising it as "it's a way to protect our kids". Because let's face it. If parents read that the GB is discouraging kids from surfing worldly websites, the parents will automatically know it also applies to them even if not specified.

Granted, it has a ring of truth - finally - that it's not safe for kids to have accounts in websites that predators use to entice children/kids. But it's impossible to completely deprive kids of the internet bcz it's now more easily accessible than ever before.

justahuman - but super none the less

• Emma
    Emma
    Does anyone think that possibly someone connected to the Society wrote what these JWs wrote against MySpace

My thought, exactly. It sounds like its right out of an awake mag. Keep watching, it'll show up in some future publication or read on an assembly part. Talk about puke factor!

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

all the teens in my hall don't care what the GB says. They go on it anyway.

• 5go
    5go
    Wow. Where is this in the Bible? "Thou shalt not have a myspace account." Dubb 145:3

Ah you forget it's not in the bible, it's in some holier than the Bible km, g 8/xx, g 22/xx, w 1/xx, or w 15/xx.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    I think the mormons like trailer parks .

Maybe trailer parks with no trailers but mansions instesd?

Mormons are the best educated religious group (except for Jews maybe)that I've ever encountered

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Second point, Ps. 26:45, Prov. 22:3 - talk about how we should never dwelling with those that hide who they are. He skillfully pointed out that this does not merely apply to predators or apostates, but also to individuals living double lives.

HA, HA. I guess the meetings are out, too.

Warlock (Who knows many at the K.H. lead double lives)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit