what car do you think I should get ?

by 5go 21 Replies latest jw friends

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

Subaru Impreza WRX -Funnest car to drive ever! ---- from my personal experience, yes they are. I had one of the custom yellow ones (500 made in 2002). Then, it was destroyed in a freak flood. :-( So, I had to buy a replacement, and did tons of research on good used cars. from your list, I'd go with the BMW. BMWs get solid marks for reliability. I went with a 330i myself, and so far no problems. The only downside is that if something goes wrong, repairs can add up fast. In terms of reliability, a good used Camry / Civic / Accord / Corrolla would be the cheapest to maintain. And are overall dependable, if not spectacular. edited to add: AVOID AUDIS LIKE THE PLAGUE. Audis tend to have electrical problems (approximately 1 in 3 will have major electrical problems at some point in their lives.)

• restrangled
    restrangled

The most reliable two cars we ever owned were a used Toyota Camry and a new bottom of the line Honda Civic.

175,000 and 250,000 miles repectively all we ever had to do was change the oil and get the breaks done once in awhile.

We now own a 2005 Ford F150 and a 2005 V8 Mustang. The Mustang has some cheap plastic parts that tend to break and the gas cap seal tore but so far its been great. We have 30,000 miles on it, and despite the above we absolutely love the car....so much fun taking off on the on ramps to major highways.

My son has a Dodge Dakota truck that he has owned for over a year with about 150,000 miles, runs like a top. We bought that for $6000.

The F150 is just solid as a rock.

r.

• 5go
    5go

Dodge Dakota's are so hard to find no one wants to give them up. My father has had 2 of them they're great.The first one was a four cylinder, the second he just need a full size diesel he hated giving that one up. If I get a truck it is either going to be that in 4x4 or a Nissan Hardbody 4x4.

Audi's have electical problems is that before or after Volkwagen merged with them. I watch scca events and the A4 quatro kicks A. but I would rather have a Beemer. I am pretty sure it will be one of these cars.

alt"The Ultimate Driving Machine" alt

altalt "Drivers Wanted" alt

alt

alt Supra Mark 3

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

There used to be a high-quality American car known as a Packard. When asked how well made their product was, their standard reply was "Ask the man who owns one". With this in mind, find the Consumer Reports 2007 Buyers Guide and read the reliability ratings which are taken from a survey mailed to subscribers of Consumer Reports. My advice is to pick the most reliable car from the ones you are considering. Not sure how much performance difference there is between the particular BMW and the particular Toyota you are thinking about, but people who have owned them say Toyotas are significantly more trouble-free than BMWs. Interesting reading, as owners of most German cars report vastly more problems than owners of any Toyota. It seems that a high-priced car is not always more reliable. High reliability marks for most Honda and Nissan products as well, and also the Jeep Wrangler (one of the highest ratings for any American vehicle, and again, much less troublesome than most German cars.

• 5go
    5go

I have a relible car A Hyundai 205000 no major problems yet. This is going to be a fun car. My dad would disagree he races Toyota's( supra mark 2 to be exact ) and is thinking about changing to BMW because of reliblity on track.( the Beemers are great racing cars not as great road cars ) Toyota's are good for A to B driving but push them and and are just as reliable as every one else. Though I probaly will not race this car at all I am going to test it's limits and have fun. Buy the way Beemer is looking more like the one aparently leases are come up where I live and there a whole lot suddenly on the market.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

3 words... Ready?

Renault Le Car!

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

When are we going to see more of these Smart Cars?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I have found your car. Get ready for the Peel Trident... Yes it is a car... Maybe...

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I said to my wife today "Remember when we first married in 1984 and we start saving up for our dream car? Remember what is was?"

She said "Oh yes! A new Mercedes!!"

I said "That's right! And I want to tell you that we finally have saved enough to get one"!

She asked "We can afford to get a new Mercedes??"

I said "No, a 1984 Mercedes".....

Pope

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

(Serious now) I have a 1990 Ford F150 and other than the alternator going out once every 2 years, it wasn't until last year before it needed anything. Even at that, all that has been replaced was the water pump and the radiator. (I got a lifetime alt. from OReilly's Parts, so it costs me nothing to change out.) Pretty good eh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit