Here's my story (I'm new here)....

by crownboy 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

((((((((crownboy)))))))) and welcome to the board.

Dungbeetle...so much dung, so little time...

• Chrissey
    Chrissey

Crownboy,
    It is so amazing that so many stories so closely resemble others...
    I too was that "textbook" witness girl, felt like I had failed somehow when I would miss *one* on the written review, and even worse when I would only hit that 9 or 10 hour mark in service.

I began regular pioneering at 14 (soon after I graduated) because my "christian" mother didnt believe in wasting 6 years of college (I had an academic scholarship for a law university) in this time of the end....so, on to Jahs service I went....

POOSHAH!!! Who's time was really wasted now?

Im so happy that you had that inquisitive mind, for I had the obsequiousness that kept my mind shut for my first 27 years....

Hats off to you, and also your family for having certain open-mindedneess for allowing your mind to grow in the direction that it has...

Best of wishes,
    ~Chrissey~

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Crownboy,
    Yep, it was a questioning nature and a thorough reading of the bible that did it for me, also. Maybe it would be easier if we could check our brains at the door, but those pesky things just won't be stifled!
    Your journey has begun. Much love and well wishes to you. I hope you continue to post here.
    Pax,
    Bridgette

• Meranda
    Meranda

yeah I can understand where you are coming from but you know
    how there are things that we don't need to know about until Jehovah
    lets us in on that maybe we don't understand it now but later on
    we will this probably is not what most people want to hear but
    it true we can't explain everything we have to wait

• Andee
    Andee

Hi Crownboy,

I personally don't think having an inquisitive mind and being a witness are compatable.

Welcome to the board.

Andee

• Andee
    Andee

Hello there, Meranda

Welcome to the board

I don't want to hijack this thread from Crownboy, yet, I have to comment on your post.

but you know how there are things that we don't need to know about until Jehovah lets us in on that lets us in on that

Okay. Well, could you please tell us those things that you know NOW that you didn't need to know THEN?

this probably is not what most people want to hear but
    it true

I don't mind hearing it. However, I reserve my right to challenge it.
    So, got any proof it's true?

we can't explain everything we have to wait

And when all else fails, WAIT. Wait like my dead grandmother, my father, and all my aging aunts and uncles who were sure paradise would be here long ago. In the mean time, keep pushing those magazines. I mean, you wouldn't want your ticket to paradise to go to someone else, now would you?

Andee

• Angharad
    Angharad

Hi Crownboy

Welcome to the board, I'm sure you'll find a lot of support here.

• Thomas Poole
    Thomas Poole

MyMailMUM,

Read the "I am" scriptures as to who a person becomes in Christ.

Then compare it with what you have learned you are.

• crownboy
    crownboy

Thanks for all the comments so far, they're very encouraging. How do you people still in the org. cope? I just try to go to enough meetings to keep my parents off my back.

Go therefore and baptize the people in the name of the father and of the son... what the hell, we just need to bring up the yearbook numbers!

• more2C
    more2C

Welcome crownboy!

Thanks for sharing your story. I always enjoy reading new stories of how people realized the truth wasn't for them. I guess it reinforces the correct decision we made in life. I only make it to the KH for the memorial once a year to please my parents. I dread it every time.

more2C

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit