They make you think there are no good people out there.

by LynnTink 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Yeah, there's cheering in heaven when one person comes out of a kingdom hall and never goes back. (except that small portion of heaven where the righteous jw go. The area sealed off from the rest of heaven so that they think they have the whole place to themselves.)

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

To this very day I still don't trust anyone. It is a much different thing when you are born into this way of thinking as opposed to someone who already formed there opinions of the world. I still can't make my father understand. Being cast out is a massive breach of trust, especially when the family is involved. I still have a hard time fitting in and I cannot fool myself about it. There may be good people out there though. Deep down I think I am a good person but I have learned, if you give 100% TRUST TO ANYONE, you will get hurt and disappointed. You must give trust in degrees. ie. I can trust billy with money but I can't trust him with my girlfreind. Tom I can trust with my girlfreind, but I sure wouldn't lend him money. I have to approach the world this way because I cannot to afford to get hurt anymore. If anyone is willing to give 100% trust out, then you have just made yourself vulnerable. At the same time it would be nice if we could do that, but it's not a perfect world. People will not give you the true nature of themselves because they do not know you. Further, others will not give you their true nature because they are predators. Does anyone want to go through 100 assholes to find 1 good freind. I don't think it's worth it. Yet how can you live life? You must take chances, but protect first, the vulnerable inner child. If you encounter a situation often enough you will recognize right away and avoid harm. The only way to deveop that ability is to live life and take what comes. If your lucky you might find life more fulfilling.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

You are more than welcome and you are so right.

In effect demonising everyone outside the organisation is one of their marks of being a cult; they are so insecure as to their viability that they feel they have to isolate their members from the outside world; they place an psychological coocoon around their members which allows them to exist but not function cognitively within society. A well indoctrinated JW will appear normal quite often until you mention religion or anything particularly spiritual- the switch is then flicked and they become a drone spouting all that the mothership wants them to. They dont question, they dont disagree- they just blindly follow and blindly spout information they often truly do not understand fully themselves.

This is the place they want you to be; oblivious to their lies, oblivious to the world around you (unless it supports the view that the end is near) and oblivious to your own needs on both a physical and emotional level.

When you step out, its then you discover that people are generally good and not demonised; its only outside of the organisation where you will find (with a bit of searching) unconditional friendship and love.

Gary

• lfcviking
    lfcviking
    I had only one worldly friend since high school and she has been there for me thru everything.

One REAL friend is better than a thousand plastic JW friends.

• zagor
    zagor

Actually since leaving dubland I've had fewer problems (if any) people gossiping me, fewer problem of someone trying to stab me in a back, fewer attempt to use me. So I reckon my life improved tremendously. Of course, there are bad people in the world but it is higher likelihood to come across some of them in you local congregation than just by mere chance in the world. When tsunami struck I've seen people crying, I've seen people giving whatever they had to help and on the other hand I've seen JW rejoicing because "the end of the world is near"

And to add: I know of several cases where young Christian boys or girls from universities went even to Iraq to help people there. One of those even lost his head, you probably saw him on the news. Nobody, not even voice from heavens can tell me these are bad people. How many J-dubs would be ready to do something like that???

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME
    except that small portion of heaven where the righteous jw go. The area sealed off from the rest of heaven so that they think they have the whole place to themselves.)

I believe you and mouthy have the same idea. bczar

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME

I caught myself saying this the other day:

"That's surprising for a worldly person."

bczar

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I would like to add, that they make you believe your non-JW relatives are evil also. It feels great that I can celebrate holidays and keep in touch with my family members and it does not hinge on their religious beliefs. And no one is thinking that I'm an evil person because I don't live up to JW standards, they think I'm a good person because I try to be.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Surprisingly, the people in the "towns" are not all bad! (ever see "The Village"?)

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Hi Lynntink, and Welcome.

Your topic caught my eye because I was thinking the same thing. I went to a Christmas party last night, my first ever. There were alcoholic beverages there, but no one got drunk. For music, three ladies played Mozart. I forget the name of the music. One lady was on piano. Another played clarinet, and the third played cello. It was beautiful. Then most people sang Christmas songs. People were pleasant. I had several great conversations and made many new friends. The food was enjoyable. A model "get together". And there wasn't a Jehovah's Witness in sight.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit