How long will you post?

by return visitor 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

well I'm ovwer the 10,000 mark and have been here for over 5 years.

I stay to help others. I remember very clearly what it felt like to be alone. I was dusfellowshipped and lost my family, friends and community. And there was no internet 21 years ago when I left.

If I can help anyone along the way then I will stay.

My posting/day change. Sometimes I have a lot to say and other times I just read. Right now I seem to be a reading spell more than posting

One other thing, when I first got here I needed to know I was not alone. I wasn't crazy for leaving and not going back to get reinstated. When the whole silentlambs scandal broke wide open I was blown away that I wasn't just a rare case. There were thousands of others who had been treated like lambs to the slaughter. I had a lot to say during that. It was sad there were so many others but it helped me a great deal to know I wasn't the real problem.

Other issues hit very close to home for me - suicide (2 in my family and I was close to doing it myself); abused wives; abused children; 1975 I was there and I remember what happened; Mexico/Malawi I remember the todo about Malawi. In all of this I have recieved much needed support from the posters on this board.

If I help just one person then I am gkad JWD exists to help others

• JH
    JH

I'm here because I'm spiritually sick. The elders told me so.

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

I have been a member of this forum for 5 years, and I don't really ever see myself not comeing back to check on this site from time to time... Having both sides of my famley in the WTBS, JWD helps to keep me up to date of the goings on in New York...

• zagor
    zagor

I don't know, might not be for too much longer. But I still don't have any plans about quiting, it is like a good vine, it only gets better with age :)

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

37 As soon as he got on the internet all the multitude of the disciples started to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice concerning all the powerful works they had seen, 38 saying: “Blessed is the One coming in JWD’s name! Peace in cyberspace, and glory in the storage devices!” 39 However, some of the Dubs said to him: “Simon, rebuke your membership.” 40 But in reply he said: “I tell YOU, If these remained silent, the stones would cry out.”

Over time, it is likely that your reasons for posting may change, as mine do. Sometimes I post to lend support to a person in pain, sometimes to participate in a overtly covert UADNA mission, sometimes I post simply to add to the body of evidence that says that there is no such thing as a silly comment.

It's an uphill battle.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Probably not much longer. I'm getting a little tired of always picking at the same old scab over and over again.

W

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings RV,

I have lots of fun here. Also the way some here can tear the watchtower teachings into confetti still astounds me. I would miss it.

Dismembered

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`ll post till tonight and quit..I have to sleep sometime..I`ll post again tomorrow...OUTLAW

• oldflame
    oldflame

I have been a member here since 2000, I have left the board several times thinking I did not need it anymore. I find that the learning process continues to grow even though I have been out of the borg for 7 or 8 years now. Everytime I come here I find something new and interesting and the fact that you gain some great friends here and I could not leave them. This board is an awesome site and helps many to gain information that will help and guide them out of a cult that does nothing for people except destroy lives and families.

I have learned so much from this board that now I come here to help others and to have a great time with friends that can never be replaced.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I see myself posting alot as long as I am attending the meetings and getting wonderful
    non-help from the elders. I will continue to post after I fade and more-so if the wife
    stays active (it does appear that she will). So I see myself posting heavily for a few
    years, perhaps more. It's very good to get it out of my mind on down on [paper] screen.

If the wife and I ever get out, I hope to fade almost entirely from JWD and stop thinking
    about WTS so much. I would check back once-in-a-while. That's far off, now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit