OMG - I Did It ! I Really, Really, Did It !

by Nellie 22 Replies latest social family

• Nellie
    Nellie

I bought a Christmas Tree!! The kids kept asking me, "Are we celebrating Xmas this year?" They asked the same thing last year. You told me to do it - you said because it was "FUN!" I hemmed and hawed and twiddled my thumbs and as I walked through Walmart today I said to myself, this is a memory I want to give them.

So for my kids, I bought a tree. It's a fake one - I figure next year I'll (ahem) put it outside the front door and get a REAL one for inside... but it's a beginning! A new beginning . . . Now if I can only get past the thought, "Who's gonna come by and visit?"

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Well done Nellie!!!

It's a real freedom step, doing that, and the kids will love it.

• mama1119
    mama1119

Good for you, and your kids!!!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

My oldest daughter bought one for us. She and my youngest put it up last night. When I get the chance, I'll take a picture of it and put it online.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

My youngest (19) really wanted a tree this year .... he kept telling me "This would be a great spot , right here for a tree mom"( w/ lots of presents for him under neath no doubt ! ) I told him it would be to much for his Dad this year so he had to settle for "wintery " decor spread around the house , and of course the awesome xmas cards from jwd members ! Surprisingly hubby has enjoyed the cards and decor as much as me . Watch out next year .

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Congrats to you Nellie. I hope to do the same thing soon!

Dismembered

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

WooHoo!!! Fun aren't they?

I have a small 18"-tall one that was my first tree. I have it with me at work - on my desk. (There's a JW who works here and has seen it... although I don't think he knows that I am an ex-JW.)

I now have a 5' tall plasticky one at home - still gotta put it up... well, me and my wife have to put it up.

I wouldn't worry about getting a 'real' one... I don't think that they're all that they're cracked up to be. (spelled 'potential fire hazard' - especially around kiddos)

Congrats on your 'first'!!!!!!

Regards,

Jim TX

• anewme
    anewme

Thrilling isnt it?????!!!!!!

Congratulations Nellie!!!! And congratulations to your kids too! They have a wonderful mom!!!!

Yeah, I know the scary feeling that a witness might stop by. I had that feeling last year. I bought a teeny desk top tree and decorated it and kept it in our bedroom. We kept Christmas hidden away in our bedroom.
    Husband was so kind and has been so patient with me.

Guess what? NO ONE EVER CAME BY!

So this year I went whole hog and MIL gave us her seven footer artificial tree. It is so much fun to decorate your Christmas tree. I did it by myself. I can only imagine what a blast it would be to decorate it with your children! Fun fun fun! Every night we turn it on and admire it! It is such a relief to finally shake those fears of the Society and no longer care what they think.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOUR FAMILY!

Who wants to dare me????

Anewme

• Honesty
    Honesty

Merry Christmas, Nellie.

CELEBRATE, CELEBRATE, CELEBRATE the KING and HIS Kingdom.

• Nellie
    Nellie

The kids love the tree - I only wish it would snow!

Of course, since we live in Florida, there's a snowball's chance in ---- that it'll happen. Maybe one year we'll visit NY for all the festivities!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit