by AvailableLight 17 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear
    joelbear

I guarantee you the 1914 doctrine will be gone by 2014.

hugs

Joel

• AvailableLight
    AvailableLight

Very interesting points everyone, thanks!

Curiously enough, if the 1914 doctrine is to be abolished, there still seems to be some work to do in changing minds of those holding positions on the GB.

Last week's WT study made a passing reference once again to the 1914 date, though it was not an elaborate explanation. That article was likely composed 6-8 months ago, and likely written in bits and pieces throughout the last 25 years (after all, WT articles are mostly cut and paste jobs of previous articles, right?).

Anyway, it will be quite fascinating indeed to see what happens to the 1914 doctrine and if another mass exodus (much like the one in '75) accompanies changes to it.

I wonder if it would be possible to retro-fit Bible prophecy to more current historical events, such as the Sept. 11th tragedy.

If so, this would involve minimal work as many software editing systems have search and replace functions - just swap every occurrence of 1914 with 2001. That would surely buy another 80-100 years, and could make older publications to seem prophetic.

Now, what to do with all those copies of publications sitting around in people's homes in print...

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

I agree with Joelbear that 1914 will be gone by 2014. I think that they will even somehow do away with the "invisible return of Christ" thing.

Back in '95 when they changed the "generation" stuff I realised that something was up, not just because the reasoning used to support the change of thought was ridiculous and full of holes, but because it seemed to me that they were jumping the gun. I would have been quite happy to have gone along with the old "Generation of 1914" stuff up to around 2014, at which point it would have been necessary for the WT to have held it's hands up and said "we got it wrong" (HAHAHAHA. How naive was that! I didn't get C of C until 99!)

Now that we know what is going on, and how they knew from atleast 1977, when Carl Olaf Jonsson was sending them his stuff, that 1914 was wrong, it seems to me that 1995's "generation" change was the start of a 20 year project to remove 1914 from their teachings.

• AvailableLight
    AvailableLight

Carl Olaf Jonsson?

What's his story?

Seems they'd have stopped referencing 1914 altogether if they have been planning to do away with it completely. But as mentioned several times before, it doesn't seem as though they have much of a choice but to make some serious "adjustments" to it.

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

1972 - the "Great Tribulation" occurred INVISIBLY
    1975 - Armageddon took place INVISIBLY
    1980 - We have been living in an INVISIBLE paradise earth AIN'T IT GREAT?

Welcome to my new religion. Now shut up and drink that Kool Aid!

Drahcir bin Yarrum

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Available Light.

1914 WILL go altogether, it's just a matter of WHEN.
    Yes they'll adjust and adjust and adjust but eventually it will go because it is WRONG.

It maybe a while, but if they hold onto it for say another 50 years everyone in the org will see through it.

As for Carl Olaf Jonsson, I think there's stuff on Freeminds or Kents Watchtower.org

If you haven't come across this yet it is going to blow your mind!
    I notice you are new so check this "available light"

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

We've been talking about this for a while and now there's just a couple of years to go. We really need some good ideas to make the most of this unique opportunity.

Suggestions?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

How about a "Failed Predictions" tract that we could download and print from here, once the genius brains on here have designed and edited it ?

We could distribute it to the to public and get them to ask every JW that calls to explain 1914.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit