For Newbies: EXCELLENT Judicial meeting with LOTS of info!!

by Lady Liberty 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Hello everyone,

Thought I would bump to the top this EXCELLENT tape recording of a judicial meeting. You will find the person "on trial" has bneen a elder himself. Once he realised things were not adding up he ended up disassociating himself along with his wife. This is once of the best tapes I have ever heard. It is VERY good. I encourage all to go to this link and scroll down to "Specialty Tapes", it is the first one, by Rick and Lavern Townsend. http://www.jwinfoline.com/Page/audio.htm I like it so much I have listened to it numerous times. Anyhow.. just thought you may benefit from it too.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Yes, I loved this. The first time I listened to it I still hadn't decided I was done with the JWs for sure yet. When I listened to it I was shaking and nervous like I was doing something really wrong. After I listened to it I realized how retarded the elders were. The curtain began falling for me then. Definitely a must-listen. I have been trying to track them down and thank them for recording that. I am sure it has helped a lot of people. Anyone know where they are now? -dm

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Thanks LL,

Always enjoy your encouraging posts.

That is an excellent recording.

moo

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

I have found it very encouraging to listen to other audio clips that are on the same website--some of them lead me from anger to tears to laughter and joy. I was especially moved by the Sanchez recording. If you have not listened to it, I highly recommend it as well. These are people that were implicated in the Bethel witch-hunt of the '80's that Ray Franz describes in Crisis of Conscience.Their gentleness shines through and it makes it so hard to believe that they would be treated so horribly.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

WOW... all I can say is WOW. I don't know how those men could have gone away with absolutely no doubts.

I did find it interesting that they allowed him to read his letter in full. I expected them to cut him off at any given second. It was almost that they were a little in awe of this man's thoughtfulness, deep research and obvious intelligence.

If only I could be half as articulate when face to face with those people. I'm more in the blubbering idiot class when it comes to that stuff.

• searcher
    searcher

Really good DA letter that was read out on the tape.

My thoughts when the elders of the committee were talking about 'Gods organisation in the first century' that they failed to see that Paul, who was mentioned, not only critisised the organisation (in his argument with Peter) but effected a change in policy (over circumcision).

Something that would not be allowed to happen in the Jehovah's Witnesses organisation.

• Lady Liberty
  • AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I'm listening to this for the first time. Very informative. The Townsends have, on the whole, given a great defense. I find it funny that they were all discussing the 'generation' thing - who was to know at the time that this teaching was to be ditched altogether?! There were predictable (esp. now in this informed or internet age) questions/accusations. Predictable responses from the elders, of course.

To give the elders their due, they did not raise their voices (even though each side was firm and sometimes passionate in their view) and they did not pull the emotional blackmail or guilt-tripping stunts. Nor did they name-call. They listened, and within the bounds of the paradigm that they were in, they countered well (but unconvincingly to someone who's outside the box).

I'm glad the Townsends had the guts to quietly tape this interview.

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

I just heard all of it. All those cities he mentioned; I live close to. It's interesting that these elders actually listened to what they had to say instead of just saying "Do you believe this is the Truth?" like so many JCs nowadays.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Oh Poop!

I am unable to listen today - I will have to bookmark the link and listen when my workweek is over - Monday.

Thanx for posting this.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit