First Post - Husband to MegsMomma... Just wanted to say THANKS!

by megsdaddy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• megsdaddy
    megsdaddy

About me... I am not and never have been a JW. I am married to an Ex-JW. I am an Ex-Southern Babtist. I am not comparing the two, but I was controlled in my actions in a totally different way and found that nobody can dictate your relationship (if you chose) with God. I walked away from it because I believe that no "religion" should control my conscience and my actions. That was up to something else, the state of my heart...Pro. 4-23. I am a believer (my choice), but of the Word, not of man. I was able to see and share with my wife the things that a "disfellowshipped" JW had to go through. I answered the phone when her sister told her she could not talk to her again because it could hurt the congregation... I couldn't imagine anything or any belief that would turn families against each other. But over time I have discussed and discussed and discussed this with her so that I could try to get a glimpse of her pain.

With all that said... By reading this board with her, I have learned so much more and the feelings from others who have had the same path has been estounding! All of you have been and will be a source for healing and understanding (for both of us).

Thanks to everyone on this board who shares their life experiences here so that it might help them recover their lives again. I truely believe everything happens for a reason and my wife finding this board has aided US to understand that she isn't "wierd" (in her words).

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

WECOME!!!

I feel like I already almost know you!! Plus, you are from my FAV place in the world!! TEXAS!!!

Welcome to the board, and our family!!

shelley

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Welcome to the board Megsdaddy. Glad to have you with us. Your misses isn't alone in the feelings and trauma she suffers. We all do, and have sufferd in much the same ways, in varying degrees. This IS the place to heal. Once again...WELCOME. I look forward to hearing a lot more from you.

Season's Greetings to you and yours.

Stealth

• gwyneth
    gwyneth

Welcome! Glad you're here!

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Welcome Daddy!! I am so glad you joined the board!! Me and Megan are missing you....Can't wait for you to get to Ohio!!!

Love, Megsmomma

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

(((megsdaddy)))

Welcome to the site. I hope you receive as much love and motivation as I have.

• sspo
    sspo

Welcome to the board

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Welcome Megsdaddy! Your wifey is so sweet, therefore, you must be too! So glad you joined up. It's fun to have your spouse on too and share the experience! Lots of warm wishes to you and yours and looking forward to seeing more from you! You both have gone through so much. Congratulations on being supports for each other.

Kitten Whiskers

• unhappy
    unhappy

WELCOME MEGSDADDY Its really nice to have you on the board. I have really enjoyed getting to know your wife and look forward to getting to know you. I hope its a source of support and healing to you as it has been for me.

• blondie
    blondie

Welcome megsdaddy!

Your wife helps us too. Learning how to deal with controlling groups and individuals takes time.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit