What if.....the impossible happened?

by sparrowdown 22 Replies latest jw friends

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected
    I've managed without them for over 6 years. Don't need them now, although there is one hottie I'd probably allow to say hello to me. 
  • cofty
    cofty
    What would do you do, and how do you react?

Tell them to get a life and stop allowing others to tell them who they can talk to.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

We haven't been shunned, Mrs Phizzy and I, because we are not DA'd or DF'd.

But in the hypothetical situation that we had been, and that the God-Almighty GB relaxed the rules so some started to speak again, I would tell them in no uncertain terms what pathetic little non-thinking followers of men they were, and that I really did not want them as friends, I only have people I can respect as friends.

A good number of the more balanced JW's that I know simply do not do shunning at the moment, yes they are careful not to be "brazen" about it, but they do not shun.

Of course, as said above, unless the GB/&Puppeteers are really out of touch, they simply DARE not relax the rules, a mass exodus would ensue.

• jemba
    jemba
    I'd say don't bother crawling back to me now Mum and Dad. I know now that your love has always been conditional. I would continue to shun all JWs. They are bad association!
  • THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

I would insist that they stay the hell out of my life. Life is better without intrusion by "Lovers of Jehovah" the Hebrew desert god. Their window-less Kingdom Halls are a brilliant idea. Once they are all inside I would like to make them door-less as well. 

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    I would tell my friends and family...still in!  So, they finally ran out of money! This would be the only reason they would make such a change.
  • Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

If we could be friends without their religion being mentioned?  I think it would be nice.  My husband could play geezer b-ball with the guys again and I could go shopping and lunches and movies with some gals again, yeah I could see it.

But. Their org protects pedophiles, vilifies gays, guilts people out of money, treats women as inferior, etc., etc.  Do I want people who support that crap in my life?  NO

Marina

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Disfellowshipping is all about information control. It's how they attempt to silence those who have awakened from sharing  TTATT with active JWs.

Don't expect any changes except in how they present (twist) it in a public forum or perhaps in family relationships (to ease the public ridicule they are getting about breaking up families).

Doc

• tiki
    tiki

I don't think that many of them really give a damn one way or the other...what they think is "love" is just a feeling of being part of a group, followers.  I don't think there would be that much "reaching out" to df'ed ones if they were suddenly allowed to talk to them.  Maybe a few random outlays in the honeymoon phase, but it would be short-lived.

I do think too that when they do that reaching out to touch someone and/or love-bombing, it has nothing to do with a genuine compassion for their fellow man.  I see it as more of a self-congratulatory thing - "see how open and forgiving I am"......... 

• jerryjax99
    jerryjax99
    Reverse shunning. I was ignored for 3 years, now it's my turn to ignore you for 3. :P

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit