What if.....the impossible happened?

by sparrowdown 22 Replies latest jw friends

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

What if the almighty GB announced that all shunning will cease, and next minute all the people who have shunned you start calling and texting saying "hi, we're baaaack, we can talk to you now!". 

What would do you do, and how do you react?

• kairos
    kairos

Like an international amnesty to boost membership, attendance and ultimately, donations?

Wouldn't that be something.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    could well happen.  new light etc.  more bums back on seats=more cash coming in
  • J-DUBBED
    J-DUBBED

Who cares that they get "Shunned" and they won't talk to you? Move on, far from the "Wingnuts", and talk to normal people.

• Stealth
    Stealth
    What if..

They would still be a corrupt evil organization! 

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It would never happen in the realization that judging people and making an enforced separation of the defined good JWS against the bad as it were, is a vital part of cultivating power unto themselves, as well controlling people minds and words.

The WTS essentially creates their very own sales representatives, similar to how people represent a business selling various products.  They want to shape the way the look and the way the talk and what to think.

Everything is calculated to represent an supporting outward public image for the organization which is a publishing house at it operating core.

Letting go of all or most of the controls would result in the organization collapsing over onto itself quickly.

The Watchtower would theoretically crumble down .  

• FeelingFree
    FeelingFree
    I would tell them to get stuffed but in stronger language! 
  • millie210
    millie210

The idea makes me think that absolute chaos would result. 

Barn door open - horses gone.

• Zomblisher
    Zomblisher

That would be a brutal slap in the face!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    I could see them possibly  changing  the rules so that it would be harder to get disfellowshipped and also loosening the restrictions on talking to disfellowshipped family, but they will never give up the practice completely as they couldn't admit they were wrong on such a major point. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit