Back of the hall stragglers... were you one?

by Fleshybirdfodder 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

There were mother's with babies, there were those suffering from vericose veins that had to stand up. What about the rest of us? In my cong there were only a few "gifted ones" who'd do sound and it was behind the literature counter (our hall was tiny). There would always be an entourage of guys in "good standing" who could waltz back and talk about sports and anything else they felt like (including making fun of anyone in the hall) under the pretence that they were "pillars" of the congregation and had "important" things to whisper to eachother.

FBF

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I would take several bathroom breaks and linger in the john as long as I could. Does that count?

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

LG,

Did you ever chat in the john with anyone? I sure did.

FBF

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

All the cool people were in the back of the hall. All the stuck-up self-righteous people were in the very front. Most regular people were in the middle.

I sat usually either in the middle or in the back.

• wonderwoman
    wonderwoman

I tried as hard as possible to find other things to do...from changing my baby brother to faking cramps. Anything to escape...

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I was raised as a JDub and my mother was always made sure that I wasn't allowed to loiter at the back of the hall during the program. I think that I was always on my best behavior at the KH. I just wanted to get out of there so I could be me and not the kid in the suit.

• XU
    XU

I always knew you guys with 'mic priviledges' were douchebags. ha ha. I never really hung out back there. I was too busy proving my loyalty by holding my bladder for Jah.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Dude,

I held the mics for a while and never hung out at the back gossiping.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

A good friend of mine was on mic duty the one evening and took a weee break, went to the loo with the mic in his pocket. The whole hall could hear the sound effects. Unzip, water...., flush, zip, washing of hands. At least he washed his hands. No one could keep a straight face. Mic duty was given to all the young guys regardless of how "good" or "bad" they were. Glad to say my friend is also an ex JW! Here's to you John

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I was so proud of myself when I was little, and finally able to get through the whole meeting without a loo stop. I wondered why so many grown-ups couldn't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit