Witnet Admin Resigns

by Pathofthorns 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Grunt
    Grunt

Hello All,
    I like Obed, and think he has done a pretty good job. It's tough dealing with narrow-minded fanatics, as most of us here can attest to! It seems like he tries to stay as open as possible while maintaining the site. That, in my opinion, is good as it lets a little light seep into a lot of closed minds. What I don't understand is why they think the sensitive forum is "closed" as I know I still post there and read there. I always try to walk softly, encourage them to love one another and if anything play the devil's advocate (the devil being the Borg) once in a great while and question whether anyone should should really think for themselves at all when they have all the Brothers do dictate right and wrong for them. I can't help getting a kick out of their reactions sometimes as they assert how independant they are. Sad. There are a lot of good people there though, that have shut the door to any outsiders so the only way you can even whisper the truth to them is to do it from within their walled city. I haven't been posting anywhere much in a while though. I wish you all a happy Thanksgiving (to those of you in the US) and a conclusion to our election. As I now live in Florida and this was the first year I voted, I hope I didn't gum the works up!!!

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Grunt:
    That mix up ya'll had in Florida could never happen in Louisiana. We simply buy the candidate we want!

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• Grunt
    Grunt

Hi Frenchy,
    I think I told you I used to live in Port Sulphur??? Sometimes I really miss it too. I came after the days of Judge Perez, when his two boys were telling on each other and the people voted for the first time in about twenty years. I miss shrimping, (I worked as picker on a friends boat) and I miss the food. I gained about twenty pounds during the three years I lived there.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Yes, I believe you did tell me about staying here in Louisiana. Would you believe that I have never been shrimping? Nope. I worked on a tug boat back in my younger days and I have two brother-in-laws that owned shrimp boats at one time and I know some shrimpers but I have never been shrimping. Oh, well, there goes my Cajun classification!

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit