Witnet Admin Resigns

by Pathofthorns 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

My hats off to the Witnet administration team. It is very sad to see them go, as the last few months have been quite interesting. Of course, those who follow the board know that in recent weeks there have been quite a few problems surfacing.

Its obvious many of these individuals had concerns much like we have here. To strike a balance on a real JW forum is not easy, but I believe they put forth a noble effort.

Without a strong and balanced administration team, this looks like the end, or at least a temporary one for what was for some of us, the opening of our eyes, and what was a valuable insight into the witness mind.

[url] http://discussion.witnesses.net/Forum34/HTML/003002.html[/url]

Path

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

(I hate how these bum links don't work simon!! lol)

Edited by - Pathofthorns on 7 November 2000 18:28:6

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Yes, I noticed that. They really did try to be balanced, and I guess they took an awful lot of heat for it....mainly from the staunch JW's. I guess they got pretty nasty from some of the posts I had read.

There are quite a few there who are thinking and discussing. Still active, but thinking. I hope Obed keeps the site open, and I hope it doesn't deteriorate into a free-for-all.

• nelly
    nelly

I cant find it, which threads it in?
    nelly

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

its been deleted

• Deacon
    Deacon

It doesnt surprise me that the admin took off. Even a very balanced and liberal witness would have to take deep breaths at some of the comments he makes on his site, and the threads he posts. I dont believe obed even believes in the religion Jehovahs witnesses anymore. Whatever, its history now and while expecting to see the site continue, it can only hurt his credibility in the long term. I know Focus wil be jumping for joy and is will publish the view as one more example of people realising obed is not a true christian LOL.
    what happened to live and let live:)

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

...makes us appreciate our own little spot here, doesn't it? But this should be a lesson to us. We are perhaps taking this for granted. It's only a matter of time before sharks move into our waters. What will we do? There is only one weapon that works. -IGNORE THEM-

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• TR
    TR

Obed is responsible for a lot of hard hitting topics at witnet. He had guts enough to post some of the real meat at that forum. A few years ago, I was df'd from his site when it was at "The Mining Co." He has come a long way.

Tom

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Tom,

I was df'd from his site when it was at "The Mining Co." He has come a long way.

I didn't know that a person could be df'd from a website?

Personally, I like Obed's comments - but I've only been on the web for about 6 months - and don't regularily visit witnet.

I think it's hard to find a place to just "be" for a while.

Thanks, Simon.

waiting

• TR
    TR

Waiting,

Yes, I was banned from the site when it was at "the mining co". I call it df-ing. I was open about my opposition to the WTS, and was thusly booted.

Tom

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit