Stumbling block?

by Junction-Guy 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well this should be my last post before I go to bed, Im well past my bedtime.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You remember back in your JW days when the WT Society's publications rambled on and on about stumbling people, you know they would always say "dont do this, you could stumble someone, dont do that you could stumble someone" But whenever someone stumbled you they would reply "Thats silly, you cant be stumbled, it's your fault for letting yourself be stumbled" Doesnt it amaze you how they can talk out of both sides of their mouths?

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

OMG! This particular teaching had my head doing cartwheels. It's one of the reasons I still have such a hard time understanding where my personal responsibility begins and ends. Not to mention the whole bloodguilty stuff. Geesh, what a complete mindf*#k!

tall penguin

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

There just like politicians. Nobody needs them playing with their heads. It goes on in the real world, all my life, people, employers talk out of both sides of their mouth. I guess it really hurts when we put the watchtower up on a pedistal and it comes crashing down. There just like everybody else imperfect lying human beings. Like the Wizard in Oz hiding behind the curtain.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

It is actually the words of Christ in Matt 18, about stumbling others.

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME

It's just 'cuz your tired.

bczar

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

You're right avidbiblereader, but the JW's conveniently use the old stumbling block expression whenever it benefits the society or the JW beliefs. They want it both ways.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit