Doctors Lawyers

by Yesterdays Child 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Yesterdays Child
    Yesterdays Child

In all my years in dubland I was just wondering ; how many here had Doctors or Lawyers in your congs? In the 20 years of my wts days I dont' remember any.

• Gopher
    Gopher

In the circuit I was in, an elder was also a lawyer. He was used by a number of the JW's as their personal lawyer. (I would have to believe he acquired his law degree before acquiring his membership in the "we gotta get our service time" club.)

Also there was a chiropractor (does that count as a doctor?) who had a full-time practice. He was an elder who also gave talks at circuit assemblies.

• NanaR
    NanaR

My father was a Witness and a Chiropractor.

Also, the doctor who sent my mother to Mayo Clinic for surgery in 1944 was a medical doctor and of the anointed. His name was Dr. Boggs, and he practiced in Charleston, WV.

I don't remember any others though...

NanaR

• OuterBanks NC
    OuterBanks NC

We had a number of chiros in our circuit. A few lawyers, and two doctors if I remember right.

• BrentR
    BrentR

I was raised as a JW and left when I was twenty. I do not ever recall anyone who had a doctorate level degree in any of the professions. The more knowledge you have the more you tend to scrutinize and ask questions. For the JW's that is usually the beggining of the end. You either get removed for asking very pointed questions or see the hyprocrisy and just leave.

IMHO that is the real reason they discouraged a college education for so long. I am surprised to have learned that they once again reversed that. It does not seem to be in thier best interests.

The WTS can not stand up to even a very simple cross examination which could explain so very few attorneys being JW's.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

When I was a youth in the 60's we had bookstudy at a family that sent their son to school to be a Dentist, He became a dentist and then an elder. This was in Cleveland, Ohio. He was Dr. Hader. He ended up moving to California. By the time I started going to jr. high and high school. They were preaching what a waste education was and the world was going to end in 1975.

• TheHypnoToad
    TheHypnoToad

We had a chiropractor (not exactly a doctor) in Flint South in Michigan.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

None in mine. We had a couple of small business owners (car repair, stove store)We had a bus driver, factory workers, public assistance, janitors, secretaries. I knew a lady who was a JW married to a non-JW lawyer once. . .

• Ariel84
    Ariel84

None in the hell, err I mean hall I grew up in. Just a lot of farmers and cleaning ladies.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    In all my years in dubland I was just wondering ; how many here had Doctors or Lawyers in your congs?

There were plenty of spin doctors in the congregations I attended.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit