What XMas Present Would You Like This Year???

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I wouldn't mind a $500 gift certificate. Or a new large screen TV.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I would love to get the new Sony Reader. I've wanted something like that for years, but I would probably wait before buying it until the next generation (hoping that Sony improves the PDF interface).

I will be sending my newphew and niece some stuff I got from Australia (stuffed animals, boomerang, artwork, etc.).

• minimus
    minimus

I'm told I'm being taken on a trip to the Islands.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I won't be getting any gifts, and I like it that way. Maybe I'm weird, but receiving gifts just makes me feel awkward. I won't be going to any Christmas dinners this year either, but I'll be sending off gifts for my neice's and nephew's kids, and I'll be buying a lot of toys for my bird, Rocco.

W

• minimus
    minimus

What's wrong with you, FF? Receving gifts should be a good thing, no??

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    What's wrong with you, FF? Receving gifts should be a good thing, no??

Yes, receiving gifts should be a good thing. It must be a character defect or something, but even as a kid I used to dread my birthdays, receiving gifts, etc. That was part of the reason joining the JWs appealed to me. W

• minimus
    minimus

Which would you prefer? An electronic item such as computer or tv or jewelry??

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

An electronic item... for sure. But that's because I'm such a geek. (a title worn with pride, it's even in my business name)

• evetteto
    evetteto

j-ex-w,

your are funny. My sis was a jdub for 25 yrs but whenever christmas rolled around she would always struggle abt the gifts...and wld run out and buy. Growing up we always had a wonerful holiday with new clothes Easter, 4of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Birthdays (7 of them and 3 were in December and we did get separate gifts from our xmas gifts), and Christmas was always special. We wld get 1 big gift like a bike or skates then we wld get alot of games to share and plenty of clothes...my mom was the pprovider and we Never went without. so for my sister to disregard Birthdays and chrismas for her children in her mind was a big injustice to them . so she no longer has the struggle and guilt beind it now cuz she is FREE!!!

• restrangled
    restrangled

We just purchased an IPOD for my younger son, my husband will be getting "Origins" shaving stuff from me, he loves it, and my older son will be having his Cisco test paid for.

My self, I would like 5 things. If all the fellows in this house would please...Hang up their wet towls, put dirty clothes in the hamper, put their dirty dishes in the dishwasher instead of the sink..rinsed first, and wipe off the counters after using them. Oh and number 5, I need my favorite perfume.

r

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit