Any one going to Centre Parks Next Week?

by frogit 10 Replies latest jw friends

• frogit
    frogit

Hi Are you or do you know anyone who is going to Centre Parks Sherwood Forest next week? I know it's Wito week, so maybe you will be three? I'm going too... We could meet up, for a drink and spiitual upbuilding conversation.... frogit

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

sherwood forest is real? i thought that was only in robin hood!

• frogit
    frogit

Yep still there, but not as it was when Robin Hood fought with the sheriff of Nottingham, It’s just north of Nottingham, and around the Mansfield area, Centre Parks is a holiday centre, all year round covered in swimming pool and all the trappings and excitement of a holiday village. frogit

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I'm going to Elveden next week!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I was 17 the last time I went to Centre Parcs - then the WTS decided that it was a 'large gathering' and that too many people were enjoying themselves and stamped all over it.

Typical really!!!

DB74

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I was 17 the last time I went to Centre Parcs - then the WTS decided that it was a 'large gathering' and that too many people were enjoying themselves and stamped all over it Typical really!!! DB74

In fact there was an item on Circuit Assemblies about - letter read from the DO in the 1990s if I remember correctly- David Algar? possibly Dennis Green?

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hello

Funnily enough I was going to ask the same thing. We used to go to Longleat Centre Parcs this coming week every year with at least 4 other JW families staying in adjacent chalets.It was the cheapest week and enabled us to take the children away from the build up to Xmas in school. It seemed to me that we would always be meeting Bro's from the circuit and around. I would estimate that about 20% of the holidaymakers were JW's. Our group used to enter the 5 a side football comp. About half the competitors were Jw's.

Of course this year we are not invited but our old 'friends' are still going next week.

On a side note I was once hurling down the rapids when I spotted a lad in his twenties with the Tetragrammaton tattoed on his upper arm. I caught his eye and he looked at me with a bit of a strange look. I couldn't make out if it was one of regret or not.

Thanks

Thomas Covenant

• bubble
    bubble

I laughed out loud when I read this thread. I used to go to Elvedon just before Christmas in my witto days. The last time was about 10 years ago. XXX

• frogit
    frogit

Well I'm going to enjoy myself at Centre Parks, of course I will report back about the J Dubs conduct (they are notorious for getting into trouble), maybe the brothers will try to get me back to the Meetings, will be interesting to see how they approach that...

frogit

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

OK - now I have a question. Having just been to Cp and having seen at least one suspected JW group (shaking hands when they met) how can they justify going as the pool area is filled with mini shinto temples, Elephant God images, Inca effigies, Shiva Gods and the hated Santa Claus (OK he was outside!). I thought that wouldn't be allowed?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit