When you tell "worldly" people about life as a dub...

by wanderlustguy 23 Replies latest jw friends

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Hi outoftheorg: I appreciate your kind comments. I am trying to put my money where my mouth is, so to speak, by meeting regularly with JWs in my neighbourhood.You may have seen some of my posts about my merry adventures! Of course, they are trying to convert me, but we all the know the truth about that, don't we? I must say that it is work, and if I didn't spend alot of time preparing, I would be drowning by now! (Maybe in the JW baptismal tank?) So I come on the discussion board for some insider info and motivation, and I listen to MMoutreach audio clips to hear JWs who are happy and healed!

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

PS. I know what you mean by "organized religion" but I don't consider myself to be a part of "religion" but to be a part of a relationship with Powers and people that don't look or sound or behave anything like the WT variety. Sorry, just had to add that.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

You have nothing to be sorry for Truthsearcher.

Anything that gets a jw out of the cult known as the wbts is a good thing.

Where they take their lives from there, is their right to do so.

Outoftheorg

• parakeet
    parakeet

I've only told a few people about my JW past, and even then only to clear up any misconceptions they may have about JW beliefs. I must always weigh the personal embarrassment I feel by revealing that I was a JW against the benefit of their knowing the truth about the JWs.

If I do decide to talk, by the time I'm done with them, their jaws are sitting on the floor in amazement at the twisted thinking JWs use instead of logic and sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit