High propaganda Dec 15th WT study articles - the end is nigh!!

by yaddayadda 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

(could someone kindly format this for me into paragraphs where I have put a [ as I use Mozilla Firefox). Probably already been threads about these, but major puke alert with the first and third study articles in the Dec 15th 2006. The Society are really ramping up the doomsday rhetoric with these.

[The first study article is entitled "The Great Day of Jehovah is Near". The third study article is "Cause Justice to be done". (A study article on prayer is sandwiched in-between.) The Society really beat the URGENCY drum in the first study article. Paragraph 12 is particularly obnoxious where it reads in part: "Jesus warned that even some of his followers would lose their sense of urgency.....In contrast, the faithful and discreet slave class loyally keeps its sense of urgency. The slave class has kept on the watch and proved itself ready. Jesus has appointed it "over all his belongings" here on the earth. - Matthew 24: 42-47". Yes, the Governing Body and their colleagues literally feel they are being loyal to God and doing the right thing by perpetually proclaiming the end is nigh! They see no credibility problem at all with their embarrassing history of failed predictions and prophecies, nor do they see any conflict at all with having been 'appointed' by Jesus as the divine channel of communication for Jehovah and the definition of a false prophet of Jehovah at Dueteronmy 18: 20-22!!

[Paragraph 9 is worded curiously. It says: "Because of "their wish," these ridiculers prefer to ignore that Jehovah has intervened in mankind's affairs in the past. Both Jesus Christ and the apostle Peter refer to two such EVENTS [emphasis mine] - "the days of Noah" and "the days of Lot." (Luke 17: 26-30; 2 Peter 2:5-9) Before the Flood, people took no note of the warning Noah gave. Likewise, prior to the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, in the eyes of his sons-in-law, Lot "seemed like a man who was joking." - Genesis 19:14."

[It seems careless that they use the word 'events' to describe 'the days of Noah' and 'the days of Lot'. The Society's official line is that the 'days' here are not 'events' per se but are periods of time prior to the final destructive event. These preliminary periods of time and the accompanying bad conditions are said to be paralleled with Jesus supposed presence (parousia) since 1914. So the Society appears to have been quite sloppy in describing these 'days' in Luke 17 as 'events' as it conflicts with their own parousia teaching. The truth is of course that Jesus hasn't been present at all since 1914 and his parousia cannot have already started. It is quite clear that Jesus is comparing his arrival/coming with the destructive EVENTS of Noah's and Lot's time, ie, the destruction itself, not the 'days' preceding the final event. Jesus' presence only starts after his coming, just as the flood wasn't present until it started raining.

[The final paragraph is also high on the barf factor. It reads: "How appropriate, then, is the yeartext that has been selected for the 2007 calendar year: "The great day of Jehovah is near." God's people are convinced that "it is near, and there is a hurrying of it very much." (Zeph 1..) "It will not be late." (Habakkuk 2..) So as we await that day, may we be ever alert to the time in which we live, realizing that the final fulfillment of these prophecies is near at hand!"

[Yes, GODS PEOPLE (in reality, the Governing Body) are CONVINCED the end is NEAR AT HAND! They have been unashamedly announcing this for 120 years, yet no reasons are given for why we should especially believe them now!!

[The third study article mentions a few times how some have grown tired, have lost their sense of urgency and are no longer 'serving Jehovah' (meaning 'no longer with the organisation'). Paragraph one candidly states: "Granted, many of these faithful ones thought that by now Armageddon would have come and gone." DARN RIGHT and who is to blame for getting their expectations so high all the time!!! These statements by the Society seem to be coming out more in recent years and highlights the real existence of this problem in the organisation and shows that the Society are concerned about it. Unfortunately, the solution to the increasing sense of tiredness and disappointment at the length of time taken for Armageddon to arrive? = 'prayer, patience, and perserverance' (perservering in the Society's programme of works). The Society never admits to any blame for the thousands it stumbles from Christian faith; it is only interested in putting heavy loads on their back and beating it's fellow slaves to do more and more.

[The article really holds out the big carrot. It plays on JW's desire for 'justice to be done' by Jesus returning to slaughter the human race (except JW's of course). The article thus exposes the perverse JW craving for their divine doomsday to arrive. This is the real reason JW's remain so attached to the organisation. The JW motivating force is FEAR and DREAD not love and hope. This is exemplified by the last sentence of the final paragraph: "Yes, despite the injustices that Satan's world presently inflicts upon us, we firmly believe that God shall "cause justice to be done for his chosen ones" ". JW's really believe that God owes it to them to massacre billions of 'worldlings' and persons in 'false religions' for all the imagined injustices personally done to them. The whole planet revolves around the JW organisation and God is going to bring a holocaust to this planet for collectively saying, "No thanks, I'm not interested" on a Saturday morning!

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Luke 21:8

HB

• Mary
    Mary
    could someone kindly format this for me into paragraphs as I use Mozilla Firefox). Probably already been threads about these, but major puke alert with the first and third study articles in the Dec 15th 2006.

Sure. I added a few vomity icons at the end. Three times for emphasis. Hope you don't mind! The Society are really ramping up the doomsday rhetoric big-time with these. The first study article is entitled "The Great Day of Jehovah is Near". The third study article is "Cause Justice to be done". (A study article on prayer is sandwiched in-between.) The Society really beat the URGENCY drum in the first study article. Paragraph 12 is especially obnoxious where it reads in part: "Jesus warned that even some of his followers would lose their sense of urgency.....In contrast, the faithful and discreet slave class loyally keeps its sense of urgency. The slave class has kept on the watch and proved itself ready. Jesus has appointed it "over all his belongings" here on the earth. - Matthew 24: 42-47". Paragraph 9 is worded curiously. It says: "Because of "their wish," these ridiculers prefer to ignore that Jehovah has intervened in mankind's affairs in the past. Both Jesus Christ and the apostle Peter refer to two such events - "the days of Noah" and "the days of Lot." (Luke 17: 26-30; 2 Peter 2:5-9) Before the Flood, people took no note of the warning Noah gave. Likewise, prior to the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, in the eyes of his sons-in-law, Lot "seemed like a man who was joking." - Genesis 19:14." It seems very odd that they use the word 'events' to describe 'the days of Noah' and 'the days of Lot'. The Society's official line is that the 'days' of these two ancient men are not 'events' but were periods of time prior to the final destructive events. These preliminary periods of time and the accompanying bad conditions are said to be paralleled by Jesus presence (parousia) since 1914. So the Society appears to have been quite sloppy in describing these 'days' in Luke 17 as 'events' and it contradicts their own parousia teaching. The truth is of course that Jesus hasn't been present at all since 1914 and his parousia cannot have already started. It is quite clear that Jesus is comparing his arrival/coming with the destructive EVENTS of Noah's and Lot's time, ie, the destruction itself, not the 'days' preceding the final event. Jesus' presence only starts after his coming, just as the flood wasn't present until it started raining. The final paragraph is also high on the barf factor. It reads: "How appropriate, then, is the yeartext that has been selected for the 2007 calendar year: "The great day of Jehovah is near."God's people are convinced that "it is near, and there is a hurrying of it very much." (Zeph 1..) "It will not be late." (Habakkuk 2..) So as we await that day, may we be ever alert to the time in which we live, realizing that the final fulfillment of these prophecies is near at hand!""" Yes, GODS PEOPLE (in reality, the Governing Body) are CONVINCED the end is NEAR AT HAND! Just exactly the same as they have been convinced the end is near for 120 years!!! The third study article mentions a few times how some have grown tired and lost their sense of urgency and are no longer 'serving Jehovah' (ie, serving the organisation). Paragraph one candidly states: "Granted, many of these faithful ones thought that by now Armageddon would have come and gone." These statements seem to be coming out with a growing frequency in recent years and highlights the real existence of this problem in the organisation and that the Society are concerned about it. The solution to the increasing sense of tiredness and disappointment at the length of time taken for Armageddon to arrive: prayer, patience, and perserverance (in the Society's programme of works). The article really holds out the big carrot. It plays on JW's desire for 'justice to be done' by Jesus returning to slaughter the human race (except JW's of course). article thus exposes this perverse JW craving for their divine doomsday to arrive as being the real reason JW's remain so attached to the organisation. The JW motivating force is FEAR and DREAD not love and hope. This is exemplified by the last sentence of the final paragraph: "Yes, despite the injustices that Satan's world presently inflicts upon us, we firmly believe that God shall "cause justice to be done for his chosen ones". JW's really believe that God owes it to them to massacre all the billions of 'worldlings' and persons in 'false religions' for all the imagined injustices personally done to them. The whole planet revolves around 25 Columbia Heights and God is going to bring a holocaust to this planet for saying "No thanks, I'm not interested" on a Saturday morning!

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Thanks Mary :-) (I made a few changes to my original post after you reformatted it, but that's cool. I should do my double-checking before posting.)

• anewme
    anewme

I always thought the doomsday articles were kind of creepy.
    I never drew excitement or happiness over the prospect of all the people on earth suffering a judgment.

Religious people have to be careful that they are focusing on Gods love for mankind, not THEIR DESIRE FOR REVENGE OR JUSTICE.

• Kudra
    Kudra

yadda

I sent you a pm on firefox formatting

:)

-K

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Ok, Thanks Kudra. I'll test it out with this post.
    <br><br>Testing Testing...
    <br><br>New Para

Hey it works. Geez why didn't I think of that before...doh.

• unique1
    unique1

I am relatively sure they put out similar articles every 18 months or so, just to keep all the dubs going. I can't tell you how many times I read those words. They mean about as much as "the sky is falling" does if you run around screaming it. Eventually no one really believes it.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Well they have managed to work them up into high fever because the ones who usually are indifferent are all in a frenzy over this crap as well. More of the same if you ask me.

I love the whole, its here, its here, oh no wait, you misunderstood what we were saying ... its here, its here, oh no wait, again you misunderstood what we were saying ... you see what we are saying at some point in time, something important will happen and it will be god's will. Its here, its here, blah, blah, blah

• SB
    SB

what is the difference between threatening followers w/death at armageddon, or with hell fire? each teaching is using fear as the motivation for worship.

"Jesus warned that even some of his followers would lose their sense of urgency.....In contrast, the faithful and discreet slave class loyally keeps its sense of urgency. The slave class has kept on the watch and proved itself ready. Jesus has appointed it "over all his belongings" here on the earth.

No "ranks" w/the WT, so they always claim? Does not the term "in contrast" blatently put the GB above regular old "followers"? I take that as an insult, i don't think i'm going to go to the KH anymore. (oh wait...i don't!)

And this is from the December 15th WT? That's my birthday! it's like i get a present from the GB every year.

SB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit