RE: "Special Meeting"

by Quandary 15 Replies latest jw friends

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

becuase the marriot is run by mormons, silly

its in the 83 Kingdom Minsitry

• JBean
    JBean

Hi all... my first time here. But alas... I was a "lurker" for soooo long! :) I guess I'd be in trouble if they found out I held a Marriott frequent guest card! I agree with the fact that Marriott more than likely didn't lower their rates enough. Could never figure out who would want to stay in the "roach motels" that are on the list!

• HyTech
    HyTech

Does anyone know what this meeting is all about?

• Free Eagle
    Free Eagle

Anybody know if there are going to be any of those "special" meetings in the southern NH area?
    Like around Derry, Londonderry?

• blondie
    blondie

I think the reason is more that the Marriott chain and the WTS cannot come to a business agreement.

The Marriott family owns (or owned) the Marriott chain and they happen to be members of the Mormons (LDS). If Joe Blow owned the grocery store down the road and he happened to worship at the Catholic Church, JWs, as a group, would not boycott the store. Not that there couldn’t be a rogue JW somewhere whose conscience is so tender that he/she can’t. Of course, it would be hard to find a grocery store owned by a JW in every territory. They’d be starving. So, I’m sure that is not the reason why the WTS does not book their hotels. After all there is this experience about a brother who worked at the Atlanta Marriott.

*** w82 8/1 11 Sidelights on Dunwoody Kingdom Hall ***
    A Witness works as a waiter at the Perimeter Marriott Hotel in Atlanta. The restaurant manager was having dinner with his visiting parents, and he asked the Witness to tell them about the church that was built in two days. His father retorted: “It can’t be done! I’ve been in construction for years and I know it can’t be done!” He then asked, “What religion are you?” When told Jehovah’s Witnesses, he said: “They could do it!” He had managed a convention hall that the Witnesses had used and had seen how they worked together. “Any other religion couldn’t do it,” he said, “but Jehovah’s Witnesses could do it.”

(spell check doesn't catch everything)

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1
    does anyone know what this meeting is all about?

yes..it is designed as a ploy to see how many times people
    who shouldn't care will ask the same question over and over.

i got my tix, did you get yours?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit