There is no reason you ever have to see this baby at all.

by reneeisorym 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

real or not, it shows the mindset that alot of JW's have.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

It has a real ring of truth. I could see my mom saying those things. She told me once that she could never meet my children. I told her that even though she couldn't talk to me, maybe she could enjoy having grandchildren one day and she said, "Now Renee, you know I could never have anything to do with them either"... This is sooo sad!

I am sorry guys. But It seemed to be real to me. I never heard the "shun thing" as a word they do not use. I heard it always as exactly as what they do when they were DFing me. And the no contact with the kids thing. That is exactly how my one sister views my children and it looks as if my other sister has followed just the same. So too has my exhusbands family with my oldest son. That is exactly why they don't see him. They feel that he is ot being raised a witness so they don't need to go and be associating with someone who is already dead.

Now I have not read through the whole sit, but it did not seem extreme to me. Well it does, but not abnormal as far as how far JW's can and will take things. I saw other families more lenient than mine, but my family they were pretty nitty gritty about all of it. Not so much now, but they used to be ALL OF them really bad. Now some are a bit more rational and not so Nazi "like."

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Sparkplug, I'd not heard the word 'shun' within JW's over here. I first encountered it on JWD, and I think it's a good descriptive word.

Regarding the website in question, if you read through to the last piece on NOT reading Crisis of Conscience you'll see that it is a not-so-subtle parody.

• TheHypnoToad
    TheHypnoToad

Well, I don't think a REAL elder would post the complete Elder Book. http://www.dbhome.dk/carlo/ Didn't know it was online. I plan on reading it throughly soon, since I will be DF'ed or forced to DA soon. This will give me all the info they use to DF me and my wife. I think it is funny how secretive this book was (my father wouldn't even let me look at it).

• Balsam
    Balsam

The answer on the cats is a dead giveaway. It is the same stuff that got me 5 years ago about cat's being demonized and witnesses shouldn't have them. Yes I was taken in by it as I was leaving. LOL

By having the ring of truth it is trying to get people to think, subtitle but cleaver. I love it and laughed out loud over some of the comments. LOL

Read the cat question then you will catch it. No CO is going to get on the internet and answer people's questions. The society would jerk a knot in his backside. Think about it as scared of the internet as they are. When I attended a Service meeting last Thursday that was a part, stay away from the internet, especially young people because Satan is out to get you through the use of the internet. It was just crazy. No CO is going to give councel on the internet.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

"subtitle but cleaver"-Balsam

You made me laugh out loud! Was that intentional or did spellcheck decide to mess with you? ;)

Pete

• Gill
    Gill

Unreal as this example may well be, this is the way Jehovah's Witnesses DO behave.

I have Five children. My youngest is just coming up to seven years old.

We no longer go to meetings and have faded for five years now.

My husband's fanatical JW parents live 100 yards up the road from us and for the past three years now, once it became clear we would never set foot in a KH again they have shunned us. Not just myself and husband, but the children too. My little girl sees her grandmother and grandfather turn their backs on her and ignore her as if she were not even there, and then they wave happily at their neighbours (who are not JW and their little children).

My older children basically don't care too much and are no longer bothered, but the youngest always looks at their house as we pass and sometimes she asks 'why' and I try to explain about their crazy cult.

JWs are sick f*&%ed up bastards!

• Scully
    Scully

This is a parody, folks. Carlo is a well known exJW (to us oldie xJWs) from Denmark.

However it does have the "ring of truth" to it - it's entirely plausible that a JW would be told to think and behave this way.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

LOL @ this only cuz it's fake... but the sad part is that these situations do happen (without parts like "so he ate all his meals in a separate room" LOLOLOL!)

bethel

ACTUALLY, I know some people whose son was disfellowshipped while still living at home, and they made him eat in another room.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    I can tell its fake cos the 'co' uses the word shun and jws say they don;t shun people don't they!Can well believe this sort of thing does happen though, what warped minds they have, its v sad

It's true, JW's do NOT shun people, if you ask them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit