MIL says thousands of babies found under ancient Catholic Church!

by bluesapphire 24 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Without evidence we can only leave it to our imaginations what occurred. It could be high infant mortality rates or it could be something more macabre. That's what I'm trying to find out.

I don't doubt that ignorance produced disgusting results and often babies and children bore the brunt of it. But this claim is something larger. I mean "thousands of baby skeletons under a church" were the words used.

All of these tid-bits don't add up to evidence. That's what I'm looking for. I need something like an archaeological paper of the findings, etc. I'll keep digging and if I find anything I'll post it.

• jstalin
    jstalin

Baby in a bell? Give me a break.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Monk

• Warlock
    Warlock

Sorry, blue, I read #8 "cillin". That was the page I was lead to by another link.

Warlock

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Wikipedia quote:

The book caused a public outcry. Protestants in Montreal demanded an investigation and the local bishop organized one. Inquiry found no evidence to support the claims but many American Protestants refused to accept the result and accused the bishop of cover-up.

Colonel William Leet Stone, a Protestant New York City newspaper editor acquired a permission to set up his own investigation. In October 1836 his team entered the convent and found that the descriptions in the book did not even match the convent interior. During their first visit they were denied entry to the basement and the nuns' personal quarters. Stone returned to New York and interviewed Monk and came to a conclusion that she had never been in the convent. In the later visit he was given the total access to all quarters. Stone's team found no evidence that Maria Monk had even lived in the convent.

Maria Monk disappeared from the public view. It was later rumored that she was actually a Montreal prostitute and had spent the seven years in Magdalen Asylum for Wayward Girls. [citation needed] Many details of the story could have been from her legal guardian William K. Hoyte, an anti-Catholic activist and his associates. The writers later sued each other for the share of the profits.

I'm going to have to give this to my husband so he can show his mom. hehehehe We'll call it "Catholic apostate literature" LOL

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

You can pretty much see from many of the posts that this isn't a strictly JW urban legend. My father talked about trying to find a rumoured hidden tunnel between a church and a convent in his home town of Sparanisa. Its where the priests and the nuns would hook up and where they'd bury the illegitimate babies.

I'd say that the reality is very close to what Leoleia offered with a bit of the legend mixed in....its originally an infant cemetary...that conveniently also offered a site for a few nuns and priests to bury any unhealthy illegitimate babies they had, that soon died.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

This coming from someone who believes Jehovah will kill millions of babies very soon at the BIG A because their parents celebrate Christmas and then leave their bodies out for the birds to feed at??? hmmmm.... methinks those who live in glass houses....

• nelly136
    nelly136

butter box babies was quite a big scandal in the last century, but i dont think it had anything to do with catholics although it seems to have something to do with a rules on cross religion adoption

http://www.canadiancrc.com/Butterbox_babies.htm

• nelly136
    nelly136

perhaps you could ask her which country and when it was discovered, am assuming if shes referring to an ancient church then the bones would be pretty ancient too, inquisitions plagues and wars could acount for all sorts of body masses.

over here in the old days bodies were buried in mass graves until they rotted and then moved into the church for reburial.

• nelly136
    nelly136

still tis peanuts compared to the amount of kids killed in the bible on 'Jehovahs' orders, roll on armageddon and the next genocide.

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/god16.htm list of wars and killings and bible verses cos i'm too lazy to look them up.

• mouthy
    mouthy

justlin THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit