Is there any literature that speaks of babies dying in "A"

by megsmomma 23 Replies latest jw friends

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

My step dad and I spoke of this and he says they believe that since children aren't able to make their own choice yet, they will survive the big "A". I know for a fact that JW"s talk about kids being destroyed because they would just grow up like their parents. Is there anything that the society has said about this.

I would appreciate if anyone knows where to look.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Here's one answer to your difficult question;

w98 8/15 p.20 par.18 Strengthening Our Confidence in God’s Righteousness***

With complete confidence in Jehovah’s righteousness, we need not worry about finding answers to questions like: ‘How will babies and small children be judged? Might it be that a large number of people will not yet have been reached with the good news when Armageddon arrives? What about the mentally ill? What about . . . ?’ Granted, at present we may not know how Jehovah will resolve these issues. He will do so, however, in a righteous and merciful way. We should never doubt that. In fact, we may be amazed and delighted to observe him resolve them in a way that we never even considered.—Compare Job 42:3; Psalm 78:11-16; 136:4-9; Matthew 15:31; Luke 2:47.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This answer is vague. I think it truly wants us to reflect on what will happen AFTER THEY GROW UP without Godly WT training

w92 10/15 p.15 Work to Preserve Your Family Into God’s New World***

‘The

Mental-Regulating of Jehovah’

It appears that some parents are content to allow their children to drift along. The children attend meetings and have some share in field service, but often they have not built up their own relationship with God. In time "the desire of the flesh and the desire of the eyes" could lead many of such youths away from the truth. (1 John 2:16) How sad it would be for parents to survive Armageddon but because of past neglect leave their children behind as casualties!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Another complete answer that doesn't answer:

w71 1/15 pp.63-64 Questions From Readers***

?

Can it be stated flatly that only baptized witnesses of Jehovah will survive Armageddon?—A.S.,U.S.A.

It would be misleading to answer this question with either a simple "Yes" or a "No." The Scriptural answer of necessity must be a "qualified" one, and it is easy to see why.

At 1 Corinthians 7:14 the Bible shows that God can consider as "holy" the minor children of a Christian parent. Though they are young and not yet to the point of being personally responsible to Jehovah, their parent is trying to develop in them a love of God and of the way of righteousness. It seems clear that at the time of the destructive war of Armageddon God will preserve them on the basis of the family merit of the Christian parent, even though the children are not yet dedicated and baptized.

The reply must also be "qualified" because the Bible does not pointedly say how God is going to handle certain unusual cases, such as those involving mentally retarded persons who never had the capacity to learn about Jehovah and his purposes. Regarding these unbaptized persons, it is possible that family merit may apply as in the case of minor, irresponsible children who have a faithful believing parent or guardian.

Nonetheless, these special instances do not diminish in any way the importance of dedication and baptism for those desiring God’s favor and protection through the destructive climax of this wicked system of things. God urges those truly interested in survival to seek righteousness and to call on him in faith. (Zeph. 2:2, 3; Joel 2:32) That obviously means that a person must do all in his power to do God’s will. And what is that will as regards baptism?

Jesus was baptized in water, setting an example for Christians. (Matt. 3:13-17; 1 Pet. 2:21) Among his final instructions to his disciples is the command to "make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them." (Matt. 28:19, 20) And one has but to read the book of Acts to see that early Christians recognized that baptism was a necessary step of obedience for all desiring God’s favor.—Acts 2:37-41; 16:30-33.

Neither the Watch Tower Society nor any human today can lessen the force of that indication of God’s will. There appears to be no Biblical reason for thinking that a person who had a reasonable knowledge of Bible truth and knew the importance of dedicating his life to God and being baptized, but who held back from doing so, would be preserved by God through the coming destruction.

We are aware that many hypothetical or "What if . . . " cases can be raised, cases that seem to involve extenuating circumstances. What point, though, is there in speculating on these? Jesus’ illustration of the "sheep" and "goats" makes it plain that a time will come when the division between the "sheep" and the "goats" will be clear and final. (Matt. 25:31-46) Instead of looking for "loopholes" in God’s arrangement for salvation, what all humans who desire preservation need to do is take full advantage of God’s merciful opportunity to serve him. And they need to do so now, before it becomes too late to begin thinking about becoming a servant of Jehovah. The "sheep" who are preserved into "everlasting life" will be responsible persons who do God’s will as completely as possible. (1 John 2:17) The Bible shows without doubt that Jehovah’s will for humans today includes being baptized and being public witnesses of him.—Rom. 10:10.

Jesus compared our time, faced as it is with the end of this wicked system of things, to the days of Noah. (Matt. 24:36-39) And drawing on Noah’s experience, the apostle Peter added: "That which corresponds to this is also now saving you, namely, baptism, (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the request made to God for a good conscience)." (1 Pet. 3:20, 21) So all who desire salvation ought to recognize how vital the step of baptism is.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Perhaps you were looking for something like this:

w65 3/15p. 165 par.4 Who Will Be Resurrected—Why?***

At the Flood all those people outside Noah’s ark, namely, the men, the women, the children and babies, the Nephilim or the hybrid offspring from the marriage of disobedient angels and human daughters of men, all such then living were suddenly executed by God’s direct act and were thus destroyed forever. So it will be with all persons on earth who are not in harmony with God’s kingdom at the fast-approaching battle of Armageddon.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Thank you thank you thank you! I wasn't sure there really was anything implying the destruction of children...but I am glad to see it did come from SOMEWHERE. It's subtle for sure...but might be enough to point out to my dad if he asks.

This is why YOU are one of my FAVS!!!!!

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

*** w52 1/15 p. 42 par. 22 Training Children for Life in the New World ***

When Armageddon strikes all minor children who are not under such “family merit” arrangement will meet annihilation with no hope of a resurrection. This is strongly indicated at Ezekiel 9:6 (AS), where it is written: “Slay utterly the old man, the young man and the virgin, and little children and women; but come not near any man upon whom is the mark.”
    Reasoning Book 1989(currently):
    *** rs p. 47 - p. 48 Armageddon ***

What will happen to young children at Armageddon?

The Bible does not directly answer that question, and we are not the judges. However, the Bible does show that God views the young children of true Christians as “holy.” (1 Cor. 7:14) It also reveals that in times past when God destroyed the wicked he likewise destroyed their little ones. (Num. 16:27, 32; Ezek. 9:6) God does not want anyone to be destroyed, so he is having a warning sounded now to benefit both parents and children. Would it not be wise for parents to pursue a course that would result in their children being looked on with favor by God both now and at Armageddon?
    *** w52 6/1 pp. 342-343 Fixing Destinies in This Judgment Period ***

FAMILY RESPONSIBILITY
    7 When Dathan and Abiram rebelled against Jehovah’s theocratic arrangement in the wilderness the earth swallowed them up. But not them alone, for the record shows that along with them perished “their wives, and their sons, and their little children”. (Num. 16:23-33; Deut. 11:6) Did not Achan by his greed bring death not only to himself but to his sons and daughters as well, his entire household and possessions being destroyed with him? (Josh. 7:24-26) Did not David’s sin result in his offspring’s death? (2 Sam. 12:15-18) Ham’s trespass brought a curse upon his son Canaan. (Gen. 9:22-27) King Saul’s descendants suffered for his sins. (2 Sam. 21:1-9) Also, the Mosaic Law stated that the iniquities of the parents should be visited upon the children unto the third and fourth generation.
    *** w50 4/1 p. 106 par. 19 More and More Pioneers of Good News ***

At Armageddon’s slaughter old and young alike will not be spared. After the marking work had been done according to Jehovah’s instructions, the command to his executioners then was: “Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark.” (Ezek. 9:6) Therefore no guarantee is given that a child will pass through Armageddon by reason of the field-service record of a parent that is careless toward his own children. In fact, the parent might be zealous and faithful on every point except that of offering his own children freely in God’s service. The selfish love held for a child might cause a parent to try to protect it from the adversary’s rebukes which come to all who stand for the Kingdom.
    *** w68 2/1 p. 83 par. 20 Parents’ Moral Responsibility ***

Parents and children who fail to gain the “mark on their foreheads,” that is, an adequate appreciation of God’s moral standard, are sure to suffer. Parents will be held accountable for their children, and children will suffer for the failure of their parents.

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

There was also an illustration in the Reasoning Book that I can no longer find - about how if you had two parent snakes in your living room and they had baby snakes, you would not kill the parent snakes and leave the baby snakes just because they were cute. Wonder if this was in the older version that has "disappeared"?

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Wow...Thanks vanillaMocha.....That really says it pretty straight.....(VM is added to list of favs...LOL!!)

I want to ask both of you what you did to find this. Do you have a cd rom of wtbts stuff? I usually try to google things....or look at sites that have quotes, but it is hit or miss on some topics.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have the WT Library CD-ROM 2005. I have always found it easy to use, search. I just wish it had a "contradictions in doctrine" search feature. Usually I just plug a few of the key words in. For you, I searched "children armageddon" and "babies armageddon" I stopped looking before the 1952 WT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit