My Work Was Stolen!

by lovelylil 36 Replies latest jw friends

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

How low can a person stoop than to steal CHRISTIAN works and plagiarize them as their own? What a low life.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I used to laugh when I saw people request cracked copies of bible software.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yes, copyright works legally like changing your name by common usage, you simply assert it and you have copyrighted your work (the former requires several years of consistent usage). You can certainly treat plagiarism as a copyright infringement. You are allowed in fair use to reproduce portions of a copyrighted work, as long as its clear that it is citational....but claiming someone else's work as your own violates that.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Thanks all for your support.

Just an update: this guy is trying to tell me that the information is already in the bible and therefore I stole it first??? I'm like HELLO it is my own original writing using the scriptures. Apparently he had trouble figuring out the answer for himself and that is why he wanted "another view" in addition to his own. At least that is what he said in the beginning. Instead he should have told me he wanted my view but would pass it off as his own. It is NOT the same thing. I didn't copy the gospels and put my name on them and said I was the author of them did I? And I credited the bible writers by quoting the books with their names on it, and saying this is where I got the information!

Rev. Frank,

good question. A lot of people wonder why the transfiguration occured, why Moses and Elijah were pictured and what was pictured in the transfiguration and so I tried to answer those questions using only the bible itself as my resource. I am busy today writing another article but maybe tomarrow I will post a thread on this topic and we can get opinions on it. I believe the view I got myself by just using the bible is pretty much what mainstream Christians believe too. Lilly

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    this guy is trying to tell me that the information is already in the bible and therefore I stole it first

LOL. He could have told that it was only made up of the 26 letters of the Latin alphabet...

There are definitions of intellectual property and of course they apply.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

As for me LL. My curiousity is aroused regarding the article.

Could I read it? I promise not to steal it.

I have PM'd my email - I can't recall if u have it already.

Jeff

• Gerard
    Gerard

I used to do unusual photography for commercial purposes so all my film was captured on 35mm slides. Once I brought 5 very special slides to be printed at a local photoshop and they stole 3. I called them 'shameless thieves' and they said they were simply "lost" and there was nothing I could do. Funny they never lost any photo of my grandma's birthday parties.

Misteriously, a few weeks later, a giant 7x8 store window shattered late at night . I have to admit that has been my only -an rather pleasurable- revenge action I ever did in my life. But I miss those slides and I keep my eyes open in specialized magazines and calendars as I have several shots of the same subjects and can win a court case.

Regarding work on the internet....once you post it, anything goes. But confront the guy and/or make another page stating his plagiarism tendency and make sure his name is indexed for Google search.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Get a very thick telephone book..Smack him across the head with it..When he wakes up,tell him how angry you are...OUTLAW

• restrangled
    restrangled

Sorry Lovelylill,

Thats really nasty, underhanded business. I don't think there is anything worse than taking something that does not belong to you, especially work produced by someone else.

I would put the word out in his circles, if possible, that you are the original author.

r.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Slightly O/T: What's the WBTS take on this passage? Is it really Moses and Elijah, resurrected and then killed again at the end of the session? Holograms?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit