christmas present

by KAYTEE 12 Replies latest jw friends

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

I've just had my christmas bonus from the goverment (UK) £10 pounds.

Do jw's send theirs back because of their beliefs about christmas.

KT

• fokyc
    fokyc

Where's mine?

fokyc

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Fokyc,

You are obviously far to young !!!

KT

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

KT,

welcome! And NO jw's do not send back Christmas bonuses. You would think they would wouldn't you if they are really that anti-xmas? Lilly

• fokyc
    fokyc

I've got it!, I've got it!, I've got it!, I've got it!, I'm not too young, I'm not too young,

£10 that's $20 all for ME

aren't the British Government generous!

Happy Xmas

fokyc

• Mystery
    Mystery

When i questioned my dad (elder) about this - a long time ago - he told me that JW's can accept their bonus because it was gratitude for the work that had been done for the entire year. That is was not really a "Christmas present", but it just happen to be given around Christmas because Christmas is at the end of the year.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Mystery

That's exactly what my wife tells me.

fokyc

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

The government gives a Xmas Bonus?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Election coming soon?

• mouthy
    mouthy

Good for you!!! spend it wisely....I used to get $25.00 from The Bay every year when I was working as a JW....Yes!!! I refused it every year..Also I worked in the Buying office -so all the suppliers would give very expensive gifts( so we would use them throughout the years) I refused them ALL

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Mystery

This bonus is only for old age pensioners, who have in many cases not done any work as such during the year. Could you source your contact and find out if I can keep the £10 ------------

KT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit