some of my paintings

by tetrapod.sapien 23 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

lol, I can't believe I took my first acid trip in a house with those paintings! The last time I saw those, the lines were moving.

Great work, if I haven't told you already. Also, the living room painting of the woman on a field of red sticks with me like very few pieces of art ever do, btw.

• kid-A
    kid-A

Very cool !!!!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I love your work Tetra, what kind of paints do you use?
    Just incredible, your very talented.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Dude, those are awesome! Like mentioned earlier, I don't think I'd want to have them hanging in my cubicle, but they are very powerful. I don't know how artists capture so much on canvas. It's like you took your mind and represented it in paint.

Nice work!

Dave

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Cool pictures! Tetra

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Actually, they remind me of an exhibition of paintings I saw in Stuttgart in the 1980's done by mental patients. Among them were some by Otto Dix. He's a WW1 painter who did some really powerful images. Most of the images were religious in nature, lots of crucifictions and the like. They were vibrant like your paintings and emotionally charged. If those paintings were in my house I'd lose weight because I'd be to unnerved to eat.

A friend I knew painted a painting of a face not unlike those of yours. He entitled it, "Smile of the God Clown." Years later he asked for it back. Bummer.

Where's the tiger and the moose?

Keep painting.

W.Once

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

thanks everyone! :)

it's true, i don't paint for interior decorators. i paint to explore my archetypes, and to help others come to terms with their own. i do not feel that art is for decorating. if it was, it would not really go anywhere.

the paintings themselves make me seem angrier than i actually am, lol. but they are manifestations of what they are. thanks for your comments!

mis, thanks! i paint with arcylic. nice to see you!

six, lol! man, that is too funny dude. and also, thanks man.

tetra

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Are you a professional artist or is it just for your personal satisfaction? If you produce a work along similar lines that utilizes media in a creative way and which has unusual presentation (i.e. kicking it up a notch), I think it could attract attention in contemporary art. Very interesting style and themes. It reminds me of some of the pieces I saw at the New York Armory show, which totally blew me away:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/27/87879/1.ashx

• juni
    juni

You have a very unique style tetra. Have you ever considered showing them? You have a lot of talent! I only do stick people. But I'm a whiz at floral design. Just a different medium.

Juni

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

thanks leo! :)

after all of these years, i still do not really know the answer to this question. if having sold paintings to collectors, and having been in group shows is a demarcation of professional and amature, then i guess i am a professional.

but, i don't see my work as professional, even my really clean and technically precise work (not shown here), and these paintings. and that's because i never really knew myself, or liked myself before. but something recently has changed. i know my work will change too, but i am not sure how.

i am not afraid of new technology and media in contemprary art, and i have explored some before. but i am also hessitant to be involved in the art world. so this is a factor for me too. we'll see! but i think i will continue on, refining myself, and by extension my work. the one thing that i am no longer interested in representing is inner struggle. if some work can come from inner peace, then great! i see this as the difference between earnestness and ambition. we'll see.

cool show! there are so many people putting out great stuff these days. thx,

tetra

ps: thanks juni! it's all art, for sure!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit