List the Best

by Outaservice 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

A previous thread asked us to list our favorite song. Also, I am wondering what you would consider your all time favorite 'Book'?

I am presently reading, and like very much, the book entitled....................

AN ARROW POINTING TO HEAVEN, a devotional biography of Rich Mullins

by James Bryan Smith, Broadman & Holman Publishers ISBN-13-978-0-8054-2635-9

Great life story.

Outaservice

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Well it changes from year to year, but I would probably say:

Birdsong by Sebastian Faulkes with Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte a close second.

Its the ones that stay with me long after I have read them that I rate highest.

• Jourles
    Jourles

The book that influenced my life the most was, "Young People Ask: Answers that [never] work." Publisher - Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of Pennsylvania.

This book made me into the free thinking, apostate that I am today. If it wasn't for them showing me all of the unrealistic world and society views from the vantage point of a young person, I could never have called "bull$hit" on them.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I think the best book I ever read was The Da Vinci Code.

Not sure it's my favorite book, but I really did like it.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Wow, I've really enjoyed so many books, however, the one(s) which really had an impact on me personally were those written by Carl Sagan: Cosmos, Dragons of Eden, Pale Blue Dot, Contact, Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors, and the most recent, Varieties of Scientific Experience. Carl was a scientist who could make science accessible to everyone. Carl wrote in such a manner that even though the Universe is very large, I was made to feel connected to the rest of the Universe, and that I am made of star-stuff. I received a very "spiritual" feeling from reading his books. To me, these are probably the most inspiring books I've read.

• minimus
    minimus

Playboy.....Is that a book, though??

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

My favorite book is the Bible, second book the Tanakh, third the Koran. What can I say? I have a thing for religious books. I am currently reading and learning New Testament Greek. Lilly

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

the first book i read that really got me was ..i am david

then it was lord of the rings

and then the bourne identity

and then the first elizabeth george inspector lynley book...(tv series is not a patch on the books)

i suppose tho that now i am more likely to have favourite authors as opposed to favourite books

i like reading jonathon kellerman, karen slaughter, frederick forsyth, elizabeth george, campbell armstrong, ruth rendall

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

Siddhartha by Herman Hesse with Earthly Powers by Anthony Burgess a close second.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Hells angel by Sonny Barger, Children of the Matrix by David Icke, The short stories of Ernest Hemmingway. Animal Farm by George Orwell, Blue Highways, William Least Heat Moon,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit