Commenting at the Meetings...

by TresHappy 8 Replies latest jw friends

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Driving down the road yesterday, I got this flash of bad memory in my brain hardrive about commenting at the meetings, especially the WT. I think back to all the squirming those poor children did at the meeting. Now, I remember, I was internally squirming much of the time. I remember the same old ladies commenting. Every now and then I would comment, but I was always trying to crack a joke in my comments. It was so annoying to the guy conducting the study.

ROLL CALL - HOW MANY HATED THE WATCHTOWER STUDY RAMBLINGS?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I hated the watchtower study most of the time I was in. I did comment occasionally, but certainly not every week.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hate is probably too strong, but I was bored by the WT study comments. People just parroted the answers. Even though they requested that people comment in their own words, they had a hard time dealing with remarks that were a step off from the WT position. In the last 15 years, after the few times I've commented, the WT conductor would say "ooookayyyyyy". I was amused.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

ROLL CALL - HOW MANY HATED THE WATCHTOWER STUDY RAMBLINGS?

Hated every minute of those 5 hours from hades!!

• moshe
    moshe

As long as you parroted the correct answer in the KH, all was smooth and quiet. During the three years that I was an elder I learned to read the faces of brothers who had a comment/question that I knew I didn't want, so I just didn't call on them. Nobody ever jumped up and challenged me- power like that goes to your head.

• mouthy
    mouthy

same old ladies commenting. O.K. Tress Go ahead make me feel like poop again Yes I was one of those. I loved the meetingsI REALLY believed it was the truth. In fact if they had said O.K. drink the cool aid it is here!!! I was stupid enough to have done it Stop smiling my girl,,,, Thank God you didnt have a mind like me....Thank God you came out of it in tact... ME???? I had to be pulled out of it like a nit on a head of Hair( the Org being the head & me the nit ) & Cracked....

• lawrence
    lawrence

Oh, the sweet sounds of silence.

• moshe
    moshe

Lawrence, if I deliberately avoided calling on you in a WT study, I'm sorry. I just knew you were getting ready to kick my ass, with a question I couldn't answer.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Treshappy,

For the most part, my hand was ignored, especially after a talk was given linking apostasy and brothers who give good comments. My hand would still go up because we were told by the FDS to comment. Never once was I approached as to what bad behavior placed me in no-comments-from-you hell. At one BS, there were only the conductor, a sister and I. The brother read the paragraphs and said both prayers. At a later time I asked him about this. Because he was, at heart, a kind man, I didn't want to harm him; however, he was very unsettled over my question. He answered that he was not certain that I was a good reader, so it was better that he should read. The prayer part is obvious: I was deemed "not in good standing," IMHO.

Maliciously ignored,

Compound-Complex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit