NEW! 2006 Worldwide Service Report

by Joker10 19 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Joker, one trend is well established. Europe is slipping out of their cultish control.

Countries like this are where the money comes from. As for the rest, you lack proof that these increases

are real because of the widely reported habits of Witnesses writing down false numbers ( as I do)

on field service reports.

As for South Korea and its internet connections, the internet only has a minor effect, especially in non-English

speaking countries, on publisher growth. As I have argued, the internet is important, but not in the way that many

think.

If not the internet, then why is there such a malaise in the organization today?

It is because of the depressive atmosphere of failed expectations and lack of care for the tired,

worn out publishers.

metatron

• sspo
    sspo
    I wouldn't be surprised to see them go over 10 mil in a few years.

Don't hold your breath on that, the way things are going it might take 30 years but as older ones die they will not be replaced by the new generation.

90% of young ones leave the "truth".

• jgnat
    jgnat

Differences between Canada and Korea - information from the CIA Factbook

https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/index.html

Based on all this, I see a huge untapped market for the ex-JW community in Korea. Do we have any native Korean speakers on our board?

Also based on this information perhaps we can attribute internet usage, PLUS political stability PLUS mature democracy as the key indicators of a faltering Jehovah's Witness presence.

Canada: Voluntary military service

Korea: Compulsary military service

Canada: Longest undefended border, friendly neighbour

Korea: Short highly defended border, scary neighbour

Canada: Old democracy (1867)

Korea: Young democracy (1993)

Canada: Internet users: 21.9 million (2005) per population 33,098,932 (July 2006 est.) 66%

Korea: Internet Users: 33.9 million (2005) per population 48,846,823 (July 2006 est.) 69%

Canada - lots of land

Korea - small peninsula

Canada: Population growth rate: 0.88%

Korea: Population growth rate: 0.42%

Canada: Religious distribution: Roman Catholic 42.6%, Protestant 23.3% (including United Church 9.5%, Anglican 6.8%, Baptist 2.4%, Lutheran 2%), other Christian 4.4%, Muslim 1.9%, other and unspecified 11.8%, none 16% (2001 census)

Korea: Religious distribution: no affiliation 46%, Christian 26%, Buddhist 26%, Confucianist 1%, other 1%

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

The Catholics are huge but that doesn't make them right..same with the JW's.

Numbers really mean nothing.People work with numbers all the time and can always find a way to make them work to their advantage..so numbers mean nothing to me!

Snoozy..been there done that!

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Here is some additional educational info and statistics that might put the JW's (so-called) stats into perspective, from the Population Connection:

"You're One in Six Billion

A middle-grades appropriate reading on the history and ecological context of population growth":

http://www.populationeducation.org/pages/0,themedetail,themedetail,00.ecs?contentid=40

It's useful and interesting, regardless of one's grade-level.

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Yes well done my friend. Good to see the "positive" aspects of the report.

It is about time someone put a realistic view on the annual report.

Increase is increase whether the faithless like it or not.

It is quite funny that some have tried to say this "increase" means doom for WTBTS???????!!!!!!!!!!!! How???????

In our area their has been a surge in interest recently, a number of bible studies started.

Yeah, some countries have had decrease. That always happens. It is a reassurance that the report is accurate when negative stats are published and not brushed under the carpet.

Keep dreaming people - we are here to stay! Nearly 100,000 congregations!!

ps - Some were talking about the internet being used to publish the truth, On the societies official site 300 people request a bible study every month. Not a huge amount but it is successful.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Well Scotsman - seems you might be able to spin 'growth' out of the numbers. Numbers are insignificant. Muslims have numbers, as do Hindus and Flamingos perhaps.

The real problem is truth. You don't have that, as can be proven time and again, and has. So are you proud of the growth of falsehood? And are you proud of the history of lies? Or the secret affiliation with the UN? Or the wrongly applied 'disfellowshipping' and resultant destruction of families? Or of the morgue full of dead Jw's who have been lied to about what the council in Jerusalem really meant?

You have Bible studies, that aren't. And truth, that isn't. And history, that never was. And future that is a manipulated lie. What are you proud of? Oh, and BTW, by WTS definition, you are now apostate for being here. Go confess, come back when you have been lovingly counseled and your family is now not able to speak with you. Scoot.

Jeff

• Mary
    Mary
    Scotsman the apostate said: It is quite funny that some have tried to say this "increase" means doom for WTBTS???????!!!!!!!!!!!! How???????

Well, someone with half a brain could figure it out, but seeing as you're lacking in that area, I'll try and explain it to you is simple terms: Developed countries like the USA, Canada and Europe are showing pretty stagnant increases, given the amount of hours that were spent in donut shops "preaching". I don't have the figures in front of me but Canada has had a "zero" percent increase for a several years now---not very encouraging to say that this work is being directed by God Himself. Plus, the miserable increase in the States is even more pathetic when you factor in the "15 minutes" it takes to become remain a publisher, plus the fact that the majority of "bible studies" is with minor children who were raised in the religion, not with converts. As the main goal of this religion is to convert the heathen of this world, it's obvious that their methods of preaching arent' working very well.

Keep dreaming people - we are here to stay! Nearly 100,000 congregations!!

I figure it'll take another 50 - 100 years for this religion to go down the toilet. The entire reason for it's existence was to try and convince everyone that Armageddon is right around the corner. Thanks to the internet, more and more Witnesses are finding out the history of this cult and realize it's a crock of shit. The only places where there's any sort of significant growth are in Third World Countries where the poor buggers have no access to the Internet.

Some were talking about the internet being used to publish the truth, On the societies official site 300 people request a bible study every month. Not a huge amount but it is successful.

No it's not. Giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming that this figure isn't pulled out of a hat, 300 people a month out of a population of 6.6 billion? It's a pathetic joke. Other denominations that don't force the R&F to go knocking on doors every month have a greater increase than the Witnesses do. Surely this is another fine indication that Jehovah is NOT blessing this Organization.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Scotsman,

The only reason the wackytower keeps records like this is that they are a publishing corporation and they need these records for business purposes not because they are busy in God's work. All the stuff they print if for current JW's and is not aimed at bringing new ones in. Think about it, they have one study book for new people and literally thousands of books for those already in the org. No one outside can read books like Daniel's prophecy, Revelation's grand climax, etc. because you have to understand WT jargon to get any understanding of what these books are talking about. And STILL many don't really understand these books.

God has NEVER commanded any of his people to take any count of his members or those used in his service. Doing so showed lack of faith that God could carry out his purposes and would result in being punished for this lack of faith. Remember even without one person to preach, God will have the stones cry out and teach the truth? Here is how "counting" turned out for King David;

1 Chronicles 21

1 Satan rose up against Israel and incited David to take a census of Israel. 2 So David said to Joab and the commanders of the troops, "Go and count the Israelites from Beersheba to Dan. Then report back to me so that I may know how many there are."

3 But Joab replied, "May the LORD multiply his troops a hundred times over. My lord the king, are they not all my lord's subjects? Why does my lord want to do this? Why should he bring guilt on Israel?"

4 The king's word, however, overruled Joab; so Joab left and went throughout Israel and then came back to Jerusalem. 5 Joab reported the number of the fighting men to David: In all Israel there were one million one hundred thousand men who could handle a sword, including four hundred and seventy thousand in Judah.

6 But Joab did not include Levi and Benjamin in the numbering, because the king's command was repulsive to him. 7 This command was also evil in the sight of God; so he punished Israel.

8 Then David said to God, "I have sinned greatly by doing this. Now, I beg you, take away the guilt of your servant. I have done a very foolish thing."

9 The LORD said to Gad, David's seer, 10 "Go and tell David, 'This is what the LORD says: I am giving you three options. Choose one of them for me to carry out against you.' "

11 So Gad went to David and said to him, "This is what the LORD says: 'Take your choice: 12 three years of famine, three months of being swept away [ a ] before your enemies, with their swords overtaking you, or three days of the sword of the LORD -days of plague in the land, with the angel of the LORD ravaging every part of Israel.' Now then, decide how I should answer the one who sent me."

13 David said to Gad, "I am in deep distress. Let me fall into the hands of the LORD, for his mercy is very great; but do not let me fall into the hands of men."

14 So the LORD sent a plague on Israel, and seventy thousand men of Israel fell dead. 15 And God sent an angel to destroy Jerusalem. But as the angel was doing so, the LORD saw it and was grieved because of the calamity and said to the angel who was destroying the people, "Enough! Withdraw your hand." The angel of the LORD was then standing at the threshing floor of Araunah [ b ] the Jebusite.

16 David looked up and saw the angel of the LORD standing between heaven and earth, with a drawn sword in his hand extended over Jerusalem. Then David and the elders, clothed in sackcloth, fell facedown.

17 David said to God, "Was it not I who ordered the fighting men to be counted? I am the one who has sinned and done wrong. These are but sheep. What have they done? O LORD my God, let your hand fall upon me and my family, but do not let this plague remain on your people."

18 Then the angel of the LORD ordered Gad to tell David to go up and build an altar to the LORD on the threshing floor of Araunah the Jebusite. 19 So David went up in obedience to the word that Gad had spoken in the name of the LORD.

20 While Araunah was threshing wheat, he turned and saw the angel; his four sons who were with him hid themselves. 21 Then David approached, and when Araunah looked and saw him, he left the threshing floor and bowed down before David with his face to the ground.

22 David said to him, "Let me have the site of your threshing floor so I can build an altar to the LORD, that the plague on the people may be stopped. Sell it to me at the full price."

23 Araunah said to David, "Take it! Let my lord the king do whatever pleases him. Look, I will give the oxen for the burnt offerings, the threshing sledges for the wood, and the wheat for the grain offering. I will give all this."

24 But King David replied to Araunah, "No, I insist on paying the full price. I will not take for the LORD what is yours, or sacrifice a burnt offering that costs me nothing."

25 So David paid Araunah six hundred shekels [ c ] of gold for the site. 26 David built an altar to the LORD there and sacrificed burnt offerings and fellowship offerings. [ d ] He called on the LORD, and the LORD answered him with fire from heaven on the altar of burnt offering.

27 Then the LORD spoke to the angel, and he put his sword back into its sheath. 28 At that time, when David saw that the LORD had answered him on the threshing floor of Araunah the Jebusite, he offered sacrifices there. 29 The tabernacle of the LORD, which Moses had made in the desert, and the altar of burnt offering were at that time on the high place at Gibeon. 30 But David could not go before it to inquire of God, because he was afraid of the sword of the angel of the LORD.

Seems "Jehovah" did not take too kindly to keeping account of people did he? Well, I guess it is good then that the WT is ONLY a corporation and not really one of God's people. But heck, just for the fun of it, which punishment do you think the WT would have chosen? Lilly

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

There is only one real way to look at those numbers. I can sum it up in one word...

STAGNANT!

Where is all these people flocking in like the bible says? Where is this speeding it up at? Has KN37 brought people in by the thousands?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit